Hot Rod Forum banner

what is this hole on an SBC?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pcoghlan 
#1 ·
I am days from hopefully firing my rebuilt SBC and am finishing some minor elements, putting sensors in, fan belts etc.

The block went away and was cleaned, machined etc and when it came back some of the gally plugs had been renewed. This is where my confusion began. I tried to put the electric oil pressure sender unit back in to the block just above the oil filter take off only to find it no longer fit there. I spent a few minutes before realizing the machine shop had actually inserted a blank into the right hole (marked with a square) and I was trying to insert it into the wrong one (circled), a silly mistake on my part but there you go.

My question is, what IS the hole circled and am I right assuming I need to simply blank it off? I dont remember anything being in there before. I shoved a wired into it and it seems to be bottomless. does it simply feed in the bellhousing space where the torque converter is?

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.