Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What holley 750cfm carb to go with ???
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 07:33 PM
CamaroX

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What holley 750cfm carb to go with ???

The time has come for my project car to get a new carburator. To start with it is a 1969 302 with stock bottom end, double hump heads trimmed so compression is around 12-1 to 12.5-1. Intake is a classic edelbrock tarantula. Hooker comp headers with full 3 inch exhaust will be used and we are using a electric fuel pump if that matters

With the old 750cfm holley my dad had on the motor which came from a 67-69 vette it would bog down big time, but it also did that with tiny carb. We are really lookin for power above 4k rpm where it should be for a 302, but dont want to over due it

I was lookin at the 750 dominator but wasnt sure if this is a good choice. We are planning on goin back once we get the car driving and if its not "fast" enough adding some more to it. But I dont really wanna spend more $$$ changing carbs again. So what should we be lookin for? We know its got to be a holley and wanted to put a 750cfm carb back on. But which one would be the best choice? This is the one place where we will spend the big bucks if need be and if a dominator will be the best choice we will go for it.

What do ya guys think ?????

Thx, adam