Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what is hot rodding to you? another newbie, with a unique project
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:56 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

the civette? yea, i'm doing the same thing. except i have a mini tunnel already that was included to help with chassis flex when the top is off, so it makes things a little easier to stuff in, theoretically. at least i'm hoping it's big enough to accept a torque tube.

i still think the entire drivetrain should fit just fine with everything removed and a hole cut to fit the trans. but i need to do a ton of measurements to confirm. will also need to order shortened axles to fit under the chassis better, but that can be ordered.

i slept on it, and the overall negativity i've received on paying to get this done is starting to bug me now to the point i might just go and do the cutting and mounting myself once i acquire the drivetrain. i'm not sure if that's a great idea or the worst thing i could think of, but it's sounding more and more like a good idea. it's just a sawzall, right? i have a few buddies willing to come help mount the subframes and make sure i mount and wire things up correctly. i've also got a lead on a welder willing to come to me, tack weld whatever points i need to mount the chassis. once i'm happy with how it sits, it goes off to a shop for professional welding of everything, and closing up of the trans tunnel. the frame will also be reinforced during this time, and maybe a roll cage if they feel it's absolutely necessary. i can't decide on fuel tank setup until i see how the drivetrain sits, sadly. or where the exhaust is getting routed. one decides the other.

does anyone here happen to know the measurements for any of these?
c6 corvette front cradle bolt to bolt width (i hear ~17"?)
c6 corvette rear cradle bolt to bolt width
torque tube diameter (heard 5", having trouble finding an answer)