Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what is hot rodding to you? another newbie, with a unique project
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 04:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i wish i'd come here first. the encouragement is great, but being realistically explained "why not" is even better. you're right though, martinsr. i did feel i was just getting pushed out the door most of the time. had i come in with a yugo and said the same, they might've been more accommodating...maybe. i think the ls1 will look about as claustrophobic in my car afterwards too

again i slept on it, and even with no fabbing experience, i think i'm still better off doing this myself. i'm not afraid to learn. i had a half hour debate with a coworker today about how i won't care about my rear power window working anymore if the torque tube is in the way, once i hear that motor roar. i was dumbfounded at how convicted he was in this feeling to the point he'd ignore the simple fact i'm making it a personal design requirement. i guess some people are more concerned with the power than anything else. it's just not a del sol without the targa top and rear power window, and it's not a (semi) sleeper if i'm running a shaker hood!

going to continue planning it out, hopefully it means less down time overall, and not a 2-year build. that's really what i'm saving for now, i guess. to be able to address any buyable problems quickly. i really don't care if it comes out covered in POR-15 anti-rust paint and cheap wheels, so long as it comes out drivable. it can be pretty later.

this is the first car that gave me real hope of fitting this beast. it's an ls1 stuffed into a 72 mgb gt:

one of the headers had to go through a wheel well, and the intake is behind a fender

oh and bad rat...i am not known for picking simple things to get started on when i get interested in something. a terrible habit i suppose