Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what is hot rodding to you? another newbie, with a unique project
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

to me hotrodding is about STREET racing. the quickest car across the intersection, the eighth, the quarter, whatever. to some it might be autocrossing, road racing, off roading, standing mile, salt lake, whatever. and still, whatever kind of race car/boat/plane you talk about, IT IS A HOTROD if it races.

to that end there is a philosophy/definition of taking the largest motor and stuffing it into the smallest car. i still kindof hold to that. restoring a car to stock is NOT hotrodding to me at all, even if you are restoring a corvette.

like your avatar, my first hotrod after i sold my t bucket was putting a 327 into my MGC. it took alot of work, not that much money, and it didn't last long till i spun out and went upside down in a ditch, end of car. i basically ended up replacing every part in the car except the rack and pinon steering as i recall. that is when i built it. i never fixed it. i left it under a tree in okmulgee oklahoma with a brand new 307 hanging over it. i couldn't take another 100 degree oklahoma day.

hotrodding to me is the same as trying to get some strange. i dont have the money or the time, so i dont even try. i am selling all my vehicles. i dont have and haven't had the money to even get my heads out of the machine shop for the last two or three years and am lucky the various machine shops that have done the small amounts of work on them havent taken them from me during the time it has taken me to pay them for what they did.
and even if i did, the insurance hikes you get, and the fines, for speeding, would take all the fun out of having a hot rod because even here in the sticks, i know i would get nailed, then i would have to sell the car to pay the fine or wouldnt be able to drive it because it would be uninsured. times have really changed in that regard since i was a young buck. ESPECIALLY WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU GET CAUGHT STREET RACING. and plan on doing JAIL TIME if you happen to kill anybody doing it.

Last edited by bullheimer; 04-11-2012 at 02:54 PM.