Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what is hot rodding to you? another newbie, with a unique project
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
X2. Several years ago I got talked into going to Speed World on "Tuner" night. Thought all I'd see was a bunch of fart-can 4-poppers trying to hit 18's in the quarter.

Man, was I wrong!

There were cars there (Honda seemed to be the primary make) that were running 8s that sounded almost like a stocker w/a little louder exhaust when idling. Running turbos and a LOT of boost. Some of them were down right awesome.
I wasn't entirely being facetious when I joked about working for the Secret Service because I was on board with the idea of cheap and available.

I got into hotrodding musclecars because that's what people were selling cheap back in the '70s. Maybe it was different in your neck of the woods, but I could pick up Superbee or a 460 Gran Torino for next to nothing. If I had to do it all over again now, and use whatever was least expensive on the used market, it would probably be something Japanese.