Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what is hot rodding to you? another newbie, with a unique project
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i'm well aware of the options out there. i just don't feel like spending 15k+ on a car likely beat to hell that i have to fix up before i can build up. and they are ALL beat to hell if it's in an 'affordable' price range. i also live in nyc, and being a sleeper deters the average thief. del sol parked next to an s2k/supra/rx7/etc? if i were the thief i wouldn't bother with the dinky sol. whenever i park somewhere i'm not comfortable i make it a point to park near a nicer car, because i know it makes a more attractive target. i happen to have a soft spot for this chassis, and if and when i go through with it, it's because i want to make it happen (and have the cash in hand). i would've been up **** creek without a car months ago if i just dove into a project without thinking it through more.

i have a 240 with a motor that hasn't been turned over in 2 1/2 years that i'll be refreshing to use as a second car, and possibly also giving it the ls1 treatment. sadly i already know in my heart i'm not keeping that car. but i love driving this little car around and don't feel like selling it to buy another person's headache to get a 'better' 2-seater. i'd rather buy a wagon or sedan for a second car, and keep tooling around on my personal joy toy. that future better car can be a subaru, or a bagged b-body wagon. or i could go with luxury sedans, but one thing at a time. and right now that one thing is getting this project off the 'not gonna happen' board onto the 'it might actually work' board. i'm already on that board, but i'll need help from others if i'm to be successful and they're not there yet.