Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a 'hotrodder'?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:35 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys, thank you to all the comments to my initial posting (Landshark928) "According to my knowledge" As I said, a Hot Rod was a junker which was pulled out of the pile based on an specific appreciated potential quality either the low price, nice body, sound structure, a good motor and tranny, 2 for the price of one, etc. But we were making these (None compliance = hot rods) not complying in any way to safety standards, engineered structures, tolerances or gauged limits or capacities. Those could look very uniquely odd but would have tons of power or the other-way-around. Great looks and suave ride just for easy cruising... Those were HOT RODS indeed! FLIPPED COINS, CAR CATCHERS. main characteristic was:Amazing creativity and significant results despite the lack of money and true mechanical knowledge education!

Off course, now days I pull a wad of money and build one out of the shelf with create engines supt up to the max, order a frame, corvette or viper transmission custom RR axle-gear-ratio (all engineered by a computerized wizard) Where is the HOT= risky iron-ROD in IT? That is a super-nice Custom made by a well to do narcissist ... Those cars were painted with hand pumped Flit Spraying pumps and the enamel from the local hardware store! The welding? ...It did look like a burnt breaded fried chicken! or a Turkey comb. There was no BONDO available. You either were good at welding and lead or you will try to hide it with some home made putty and paint if you could not grind the hell out of it...

For what ever is worth to you guys. In the best of spirits with best regards, Dan C.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan C. Chaidez For This Useful Post:
Mikes Rocket 88 (05-24-2013)