What is a 'hotrodder'? - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2009, 11:20 AM

Last journal entry: Well, about that mustang...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

A Hot Rodder

IMHO a hot rodder is....
someone who doesnt see the car in front of him.... he sees what the car will be when he's finished with it

someone who doesnt hear the beaten and battered motor under the hood.... he hears the roar that rattles the ground and stirs the soul...he hears the powerplant that will send his machine down any given road...anywhere, anytime

someone who can sit in the driver's seat before he even starts the build, and can see every detail of what the car will look like when it's finished.

someone who looks at that ragged ride everyday on the way to work knowing that one day the rest of the world will see exactly what he sees.... a hot rod.

being a hotrodder isnt so much about talent, aptitude, or money as it is a vision of what he wants, a passion to chase it, and a commitment to see it through when it all "hits the fan"....again MHO

-Gearhead
"Drive It like Ya Stole It"

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

couldnt have said it better. cole
Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 AM

Last photo:

AMEN!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Cleaned up, stay on topic, please.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:05 AM
66 mustang

what he said

Russ
Later gator
Old 04-29-2009, 04:56 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

You can see the beauty and potential in an old rusted or otherwise neglected hulk. You may or may not be able to make it all come out, but you do what you can to make it more of what it can be.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

am i a hotrodder? i dont know, what do know is that when i was 12 a friend of mines dad let me start up and ride in his 10 sec 67' camaro, i was HOOKED by the sound and the feel. i went to auto-tech in high school to learn as much as i could, was a mechaninc for a few years till i decided to join the military, i have dreamed about, wished about, read about, cars and motors and chrome etc. i dont have a running hotrodd, but i am in the process of trying to build a 87 camaro z28, with a 385, with way to much power than the stock componets can handle, and so i am trying to either rebuild, buy or modify what needs to be done, i have a better knowlege than 95% of the worlds normal population on cars and motors etc, but by no means am i a master, i deffinatley still have a bunch to learn, but the thing is i love to learn and cant learn enough about these things!!! it some ways im a nervous when i am getting ready to tackle a new project cause i have never done it before, and sometimes really wish i had a "pro" to guide me and watch over my should or show me a better way and maybe some of the things to avoid etc.

so since i haven't built a complete car yet, i guess by a good majority of you im not considered a "hotrodder"

i would say that a "hotrodder" is all a state of mind, or adittude
Old 04-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

As I posted in this thread a long time ago....I think my signature line just about says it all.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

someone who has motor oil pumping through there vains (not literally)
Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by my87Z
am i a hotrodder? i dont know, what do know is that when i was 12 a friend of mines dad let me start up and ride in his 10 sec 67' camaro, i was HOOKED by the sound and the feel. i went to auto-tech in high school to learn as much as i could, was a mechaninc for a few years till i decided to join the military, i have dreamed about, wished about, read about, cars and motors and chrome etc. i dont have a running hotrodd, but i am in the process of trying to build a 87 camaro z28, with a 385, with way to much power than the stock componets can handle, and so i am trying to either rebuild, buy or modify what needs to be done, i have a better knowlege than 95% of the worlds normal population on cars and motors etc, but by no means am i a master, i deffinatley still have a bunch to learn, but the thing is i love to learn and cant learn enough about these things!!! it some ways im a nervous when i am getting ready to tackle a new project cause i have never done it before, and sometimes really wish i had a "pro" to guide me and watch over my should or show me a better way and maybe some of the things to avoid etc.

so since i haven't built a complete car yet, i guess by a good majority of you im not considered a "hotrodder"

i would say that a "hotrodder" is all a state of mind, or adittude
Yeah ,you got it real bad too,its in the blood,sounds like me
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Cleaned up, stay on topic, please.
support free speech?LOL
Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 AM

I guess i would be classified as a speed junkie. when i look at an engine i automatically think how could i make it go faster i am by no means a pro in this department. but i have a willingness to learn and am under the hood when ever i get the chance. whether it be helping a friend or a complete stranger out with their vehicle. and when watching top fuelers roar down the track it brings a tear to my eye for no apperent reason. and i actually loose sleep over the current projects iam working on just mulling things over or second guessing the decisions i have made about tiny details. so i get on this forum and get the opinions. of fellow car guys and gals whether they be hotrodders,gear heads,or speed junkies or what ever they classify themselves as. every one brings something to the table and thats what makes us all hotrodders. i think its a broad classification and if you have the willingness,drive and compassion to press forward into new territory. you deffinatly fall in that hotrodder catigory.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:32 AM

I think I was born one,I'd be playin with my new toy car one minute mom would walk by see it all apart the next then the next time shed see me playin with it again all back together.my most disturbing memory is when my grand pa welded all the nuts on my bike because i took it apart so much i striped them,heck I'm still mad at him.My father was grooming me to be an electronics engineer and I loved it that is till I got my first car at 15 he never forgave me for that.Now I've been building cars for 35yrs and still cant wait to get to the shop and get started.I just cant imagine doing aything else.Does this sound familiar?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Deadbodyman....empty your PM box please.....it's full.

Budget RVs
Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm
the only true rodder in my eyes is someone that takes a car that is nothing and turns it in to exactly what they want, with there own two hands. and does most if not all of the work themselves.

i hate these yuppy rich wantabee rodders that just pay for a car to be built, and then claim all the glory and hard work that actually went into building it.
you want to know what a true rodder is? hang around here a while. about 90% of the people here are true rodders.
I like this guy.....but there are three types Those that like the building.....,Those that like the driving,....and those that love both..,but ....if you dont build em or drive em your deffinitly not one... stay at the show and bragg...Because, you dont even have to own one ..just wanting too is enough

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.