Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a 'hotrodder'?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 05:26 PM
boatbob2

Wiki Edits: 0

am i a hotrodder????

Hi,lets see if im a hotrodder,my 1st car was a 41 lincoln with a ford v8 60,very ugly,ran great. next was a 49 chev 2 dr.i put a 55 chev v8 in it. next was my 29 A 4 dr sedan,nope,only drove it,ran great. next came my 46 ford 2 dr,fixed the steering,great driver,had tunnelled headlights,custom grille,great paint,nope,i didnt do the work.next came my 59 corvette (new) just loved the car,no work needed,then my 60 corvair with a do57 blower off of a t bird,yep,that one i did.Very quick,then while in Okinawa,my buddy Darrel Reed and i built a 23 T from the ground up,complete fg body(built by us) chassis(by us) front end(by us) ran great w/a 289 (built by me) then my 69 chevelle wagon w/a 427 4 speed,4 whl discs (all built and installed,by yours truly)all parts from a wrecked 69 chevelle coupe.now,48 ford coupe,built by another. bought and disasembled by me,new rockers,new floor,tunnelled 59 cad taillights new s/s trim,all new glass and rubber 350 sbc,700r4, b****in dash with autometer guages,,sherrod bucket seats,,has taken over 2 years of everyday work,but going to be nice when finished, almost forgot my 1966 king midget roadster,12 hp Kohler engine,55 mph,65 mpg,s/s floors. ,OH,forgot,today is my 70 th birthday. call me a hotrodder,or call me a streetrodder,i dont care,just call me in time for a cold brew,(or a hot blonde) im Bobby and there is a place for the million dollar rods/cars? built by Troy,Boyd and many others,i JUST DONT BELIEVE they should be in the running for the AMBR. very tough for the little guys to compete with..maybe 2 ambr????????self built,or pro built???? .im Bobby

Last edited by boatbob2; 12-30-2007 at 09:55 PM.