Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a 'hotrodder'?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 10:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I hope you and I take the time to write down some of the info in our heads in the wiki so the kids that come after can read and use it after they get old enough to figure out they don't know everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbob2
Hi,lets see if im a hotrodder,my 1st car was a 41 lincoln with a ford v8 60,very ugly,ran great. next was a 49 chev 2 dr.i put a 55 chev v8 in it. next was my 29 A 4 dr sedan,nope,only drove it,ran great. next came my 46 ford 2 dr,fixed the steering,great driver,had tunnelled headlights,custom grille,great paint,nope,i didnt do the work.next came my 59 corvette (new) just loved the car,no work needed,then my 60 corvair with a do57 blower off of a t bird,yep,that one i did.Very quick,then while in Okinawa,my buddy Darrel Reed and i built a 23 T from the ground up,complete fg body(built by us) chassis(by us) front end(by us) ran great w/a 289 (built by me) then my 69 chevelle wagon w/a 427 4 speed,4 whl discs (all built and installed,by yours truly) now,48 ford coupe,built by another. bought and disasembled by me,new rockers,new floor,tunnelled 59 cad taillights new s/s trim,all new glass and rubber 350 sbc,700r4, has taken over 2 years of everyday work,but going to be nice when finished, almost forgot my 1966 king midget roadster,12 hp Kohler engine,55 mph,65 mpg,s/s floors. ,OH,forgot,today is my 70 th birthday. call me a hotrodder,or call me a streetrodder,i dont care,just call me in time for a cold brew,(or a hot blonde) im Bobby and there is a place for the million dollar rods/cars? built by Troy,Boyd and many others,i JUST DONT BELIEVE they should be in the running for the AMBR.