Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is a 'hotrodder'?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas97z
I have read this entire post today because I asked that same question my whole life, well since I was 10 and was able to work on cars anyway. I found my answer and want to add to this philosophical discussion. Hotrodding is defined by the asker. Meaning changes from person to person. And I would like to add that a hotrodder is someone who is acceptant of those that do not accept him/her. A lot of people do not understand/like us because we think outside the box. But I would advise to be careful if you meet someone who is confrontational, someone else may be listening who is watching your attitude. And if you become someone's hero(knowingly or not), you need to be a good example. I don't believe this has happened to me, but I have seen it at meets and car shows where a 12 yr old is listening intently to two guys talking about this same subject. He gets that gleam in his eyes. What if that kid will never be able to use one of his arms properly, wouldn't be able to build it himself. You just crushed him, and you didn't have to. I believe that to be a hotrodder, you should be as much involved as you can, if you don't know then learn, if you can't do then at least understand. I also believe that we are a very passionate bunch,hence all the different answers, but most of all I agree it is more in the soul that it comes out.

When the only people that really get what drives you are hottrodders, then you are.

Amen to that. We sure don't want to kill the spirit of any up and coming young rodders as they are getting harder to come by in my area. All most of the youth today wants to do is play video games. JMO.

There isn't much I can add that hasn't already been said. I feel hotrodders have deferent degrees within the world of Hotrodding. None is wrong or better or worse just different. For Me, I live hotrodding everyday and night and on weekends. IT IS MY LIFE... I build,paint etc. all my own stuff. I constantly talk about ,eat ,sleep cars. I always have a new project hatching before I get done with the one before it (somebody once told me i had a sickness). It is a life style that had put food on my table for many many years. It has always been that way will always be that way. Does that make me better than a guy who pays to build a rod? NO, just different versions of hot rodders.We all make up the wonderful and fun world of Hotrodders. We all do our part to keep this wonderful world of hotrodding alive. I guess what I am trying to say is there is room for every one. Tim