Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what to look for when buying Plasma cutter
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 06:53 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

back when I was taking the welding course the teach said I could build a tig using the big lincoln dial arc 250 (stick welder) I bought from the school when they bought all new machines...I must have had this welder over five years and never used it once. I was thinking about using it for tig welding but have no idea how to do it...It would probably be best to just buy a cheaper one and get used to it before doing anything with the ole Lincoln.
BTW,I'm really loving my new P cutter its everything you guys said it would be...I went with the cut-40 for 400.00....and it was instrumental in getting this job done I could not have done it without the P cutter,weld cutters and drill bits just keep burning up before one hole is done...it works great to blow out one layer of a spotweldonce the panels are separated I simply use the uni bit to make the hole round it looks just like I used the weld cutter bit ..I've been playing with it a little too, cutting aluminum and using a guide to make straight cuts...my next toy will be the pattern tracer...

Last edited by deadbodyman; 12-25-2013 at 07:05 AM.