What is the Most Comfortable Car You've Ever Owned (or Driven)? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

My 68 caddy rode like a dream, seated 6 comfortably and was reliable. My uncle always had the 60's Lincolns with the suicide doors back in the day and those rode good as well.

Advertisement

Chet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Probably the 69 Coupe DeVille my dad had, got to drive it on road trips. For my own cars, I have never been a fan of comfortable.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Another one I gotta add from personal experience would my Dad's late 70's Ford Fairmont Futura. Man that thing was roomy especially, when compared to Mom's new Japanese two door. I just loved the bench seat up front. Unfortunately, Dad only used it to go to and from work so I only rode in it a handful of times. It eventually became very unreliable (starting issues) and Dad, becoming fed up with it, junked it for about $100.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Another Old Gear Head

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible.....man I loved that car! It rode like a dream and had an all-leather interior....had to sell it when I got divorced in '08 unfortunately.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:34 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

I am not a Toyota fan in the least, but have to admit the larger Lexus is very comfortable and they seem to have the uncanny ability not to age. I have driven many over 100K miles Lexus's, and the interior surfaces, trim, and seats are still in new condition. What in the world are they doing in this area that Detroit is not??
Old 04-01-2011, 09:49 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsy86monteSSGuy
My 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible.....man I loved that car! It rode like a dream and had an all-leather interior....had to sell it when I got divorced in '08 unfortunately.

I will admit that I always loved the design of that car, along with the convertible top. It just looks like great, low-maintenance and affordable daily driver for any place where one can drop the top and just cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer
I am not a Toyota fan in the least, but have to admit the larger Lexus is very comfortable and they seem to have the uncanny ability not to age. I have driven many over 100K miles Lexus's, and the interior surfaces, trim, and seats are still in new condition. What in the world are they doing in this area that Detroit is not??
I can attest to that. A friend of the family was selling his '94 LS400 with well over 200k miles (not a typo) and it drove soooo smooth. And the interior was excellent for its age. I think he got a nice $4500 for it back in 2006. While I have not owned any of the latest cars out of Detroit, based on all kinds of reviews, they are catching up or even beating the competition. And I'm very happy to see that. Top notch products for us.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

[QUOTE

I don't think Ive seen these before. Would they be the LTD's more luxurious sibling?

White interiors make me nervous lol![/QUOTE]

Sorry missed this question! They are the luxury version of a torino or cougar. LOL and it has white hide interior.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

'77 Olds Toronado.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:30 AM

Last journal entry: Project 57
Last photo:

I loved how my 88 Monte Carlo SS rode. Best ride I ever had so far in a car that I owned. Had 3 of them at one time. I love those cars.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
"But how do it know?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Junkie
Sorry missed this question! They are the luxury version of a torino or cougar. LOL and it has white hide interior.
Hmmm, maybe hide won't make me as nervous lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
'77 Olds Toronado.
Another vote for the boats I see some pictures with t-tops. Did you have those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69_Chevelle_Malibu
I loved how my 88 Monte Carlo SS rode. Best ride I ever had so far in a car that I owned. Had 3 of them at one time. I love those cars.
I do love that body style. I wish GM would bring that car back with the proper power and right wheel drive. Maybe something along the lines of the short-lived '04-'06 GTO?

BTW ya'll, I think I may be in the market for a station wagon for hauling. I'm thinking a B Body from the '90s . Lots of luxury, comfort and power, especially with the LT1-powered vehicles.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
66 mustang

most comfy ive had, apart from the wif, is my toyota hilux sr5 double cab, drives just like a car and can spin the wheels in 2nd gear, hehe

later gator
russ
Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM

Best Car we've ever owned

Jaguar X-Type. Hands down the winner.

Not a stoplight grand prix contender by a long shot, but to get miles in your rear view mirror in any conditions, a great car. Great car.

All wheel drive is uncannily good. With Bridgestone Blizzaks it pulls my steep icy driveway better than my blazer in 4wd with studded snows on the back. Road handling like a slot car. No roll, no lean. no tire squeal and will cruise all day long at 85mph with occasional jaunts to 90+ and deliver 22-23 mpg (2.5L motor). Rock solid, quiet, nice interior, good looking, great car.

Unfortunately, production discontinued last year but you can get them pretty reasonably used. I have 120K on mine and just got back from a 3,000 mile Florida vacation a couple of weeks ago and it ran perfectly. We're looking for a later model to add to our garage to keep the first one company.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:51 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

Last Year I had to go to Arizona on a Business trip, so I rented a 2010 Cadillac DTS-heated and cooled seats, every gadget known to man, great power-I liked it a lot, but we need four wheel drive.

As for cars that I have owned, I would have to say my wife's 2008 GMC Yukon, although my 2007 GMC Sierra Z71 is close behind (it does ride a little more harshly though)-we have owned newer Pontiacs, Buicks and Fords, and surprisingly, the Yukon wins out-great Seats, comfortable ride, air leveling suspension, good visibility, 21 mpg and Bose Stereo-it's a winning combination-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yukon.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	54521  
Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 PM

Last photo:

Most comfortable car

My best ride was a 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix that was a special order car through Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak, MI. I lived in California and had to deal with a gentleman named Ace Wilson who was the dealers Race Coordinator. Mr. Wilson and John DeLorean at Pontiac Performance were on a first name basis. I flew back when told the car was ready. I was taken over to the Pontiac factory by Wilson, met Delorean face to face and drove off with a 421 HD 420 HP monster. I drove it back to California. That ride was one I'll never forget. Comfortable, good brakes and handling and it ran like it had a rocket behind it.
I sure wish I had that car today. It is worth a fortune now. I was told later that only 42 of that year Model were built with the 421 HD engine and a four speed transmission.
Normbc9
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM
"But how do it know?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinny
most comfy ive had, apart from the wif, is my toyota hilux sr5 double cab, drives just like a car and can spin the wheels in 2nd gear, hehe

later gator
russ
The Hilux, is that the same as the Tacoma here in North America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill
Jaguar X-Type. Hands down the winner.

Not a stoplight grand prix contender by a long shot, but to get miles in your rear view mirror in any conditions, a great car. Great car.

All wheel drive is uncannily good. With Bridgestone Blizzaks it pulls my steep icy driveway better than my blazer in 4wd with studded snows on the back. Road handling like a slot car. No roll, no lean. no tire squeal and will cruise all day long at 85mph with occasional jaunts to 90+ and deliver 22-23 mpg (2.5L motor). Rock solid, quiet, nice interior, good looking, great car.

Unfortunately, production discontinued last year but you can get them pretty reasonably used. I have 120K on mine and just got back from a 3,000 mile Florida vacation a couple of weeks ago and it ran perfectly. We're looking for a later model to add to our garage to keep the first one company.
Nice! I unfortunately do not hear good things about Jaguar's reliability on a regular basis so I am very much intrigued by your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35WINDOW
Last Year I had to go to Arizona on a Business trip, so I rented a 2010 Cadillac DTS-heated and cooled seats, every gadget known to man, great power-I liked it a lot, but we need four wheel drive.

As for cars that I have owned, I would have to say my wife's 2008 GMC Yukon, although my 2007 GMC Sierra Z71 is close behind (it does ride a little more harshly though)-we have owned newer Pontiacs, Buicks and Fords, and surprisingly, the Yukon wins out-great Seats, comfortable ride, air leveling suspension, good visibility, 21 mpg and Bose Stereo-it's a winning combination-
I do like the DTS and believe it would make for a great cruiser/touring car as it is a FWD. I LOVE Yukons but the gas prices will always keep me from buying one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highball
My best ride was a 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix that was a special order car through Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak, MI. I lived in California and had to deal with a gentleman named Ace Wilson who was the dealers Race Coordinator. Mr. Wilson and John DeLorean at Pontiac Performance were on a first name basis. I flew back when told the car was ready. I was taken over to the Pontiac factory by Wilson, met Delorean face to face and drove off with a 421 HD 420 HP monster. I drove it back to California. That ride was one I'll never forget. Comfortable, good brakes and handling and it ran like it had a rocket behind it.
I sure wish I had that car today. It is worth a fortune now. I was told later that only 42 of that year Model were built with the 421 HD engine and a four speed transmission.
Normbc9
Wow, only 42 made? About as rare as it gets. I'm glad you brought uop another ride from the past. Its interesting to learn how these cars rode, and not just the performance they were capable of.

Tags
comfortable cars, driveability, history, interior, nostalgia

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.