What New Intake Manifold to get - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 11:38 AM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i like magic

yeah yur right its magical. i fly it through the sky to work everyday. what do you want some damn pictures. o and good job callin me a noob. wow what is this halo? im sorry i thought this was a serious site. i was just askin for som opinions and got someone calling my truck magical and another one callin it stock. good job

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel

Last wiki edit: How to find cheap parts
Last journal entry: 1999-2001: Getting it on the road
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83SILVRADO
for curtis

ratio is 373
my tires are narrow as hell
its a daily driver
mild cam
not sure about compression
headers with glasspacks
There is nothing here that can help me. I don't care how narrow the tires are, I need the diameter. "mild cam" means absolutely nothing. Duration, LSA, installed centerline, lift, roller or flat, solid or hydraulic? "not sure about compression" is a joke. That is the absolute first thing you need to know. How big are the headers? What diameter is the exhaust? What about converter stall? Or is it a manual tranny. If so, which one? You also haven't told me about heads... are they stock iron heads?

Quote:
im sorry if im appearing to be the dick in this but calling my motor next to stock as insulting to me.
You have taken dick to a whole new level. You don't know squat about your own truck, you won't listen to our advice, then you yell at us because YOU FAILED TO TELL US ANYTHING THEN GOT MAD AT US FOR ASKING. And, by the way, by your description above: Mild cam, performer intake, 650 carb, restrictive glasspacks... that is about as close to stock as you can get, buddy. That is beyond mild. Just because you threw a few mismatched bolt-ons doesn't make it a super-hot engine.

Here is this thread in reader's digest condensed version:

83Silverado: how do I get more from the 350 in my 83 chevy pickup with a performer intake and 650 carb?
US: That sounds like a pretty stock motor, you should keep the performer
83Silverado: you guys suck, I'm offended that you would call my engine close to stock
US: Well, what's in it?
83Silverado: I don't know... some restricive mufflers and some other stuff.
US: Uh... yeah. Not us that sucks here, pal.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 AM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

so this isnt halo?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Last photo:

are you talking about the video game that 15-year-olds play? No. This is a serious hotrodding site with intelligent and knowledgable guys who enjoy helping others. Even you.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
The Smell of Nitro in the morn

Last wiki edit: How to adjust valves Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Thumbs down

Eliminate the troll !
Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

This is a serious site and I gave you a serious answer. Curtis, Red, And 1Bad have all told the truth in this matter. I don`t know what world your in but it`s not ours. You didn`t tell me your combo so unless I can read minds how am I supposed to know? Providing I could read minds I wouldn`t bother with you as you make it obvious you don`t have one.
So if your so smart and I`m a idiot why don`t you tell us what the engine specs are other than "I don`t know" thats a classic answer for a moron. The bottom line is don`t come here asking questions if you want honest answers. One of my favorite sayings is always tell the truth cause it pisses people off. What did you expect us to tell you? to write you a little bed time story about how great it would run when even you don`t know the engine specs? are you sure it`s a 350? Do you even know how to look up casting numbers or is that who you got it from told you? You don`t know what combo you have so either it`s a top secret guarded by you and to the rest of us it`s nothing we haven`t seen or heard of before or it proves you flat don`t know because you don`t know nothing about HOT RODDING which is what this site is all about. So, for Curtis, Red and 1Bad you have my highest respect as you`ve shown your honesty and know as I know respect is earned, not given.
It looks like Mr. Moron Silverado hasn`t quite got that figured out. I won`t be wasting anymore of my time on you Mr. Moron, your not worth it.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

83 Silverado,

Son, it's pretty darn obvious that you don't know much about engines, you don't know much about reading and comprehension, and you sure as hell don't know anything about manners.

If you want to come on here and ask questions, have some background info for us. Do you think you can quit being clever in your responses long enough to tell us if this is the stock engine in an '83 Silverado? Manifold, carb, and headers is just about stock when it comes to engines on this board. Now put down the Teen Beat magazine, go wipe your nose, slather your face with Clearasil, and think about how maybe you can better pose your question so you can get some answers that will be useful to you.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:16 PM

Last photo:

For a street truck i wouldnt give it anything more than a performer rpm intake. Better still would probably some 2.5-3" pipes off the headers and magnaflow mufflers.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Last photo:

curtis73,

I think your right, now that I think of it a mild cam and headers would defiantly use all 1050 carbs could put out

Jordon
Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 PM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

lets just clear some stuff up

Alright truth is i didnt do some of the stuff on the truck. which is why my information is so limited. the cam was in there when i purchased the truck. as was the carb and intake manifold. i am sorry that i have such limited information about the engine. I am also sorry that i was an *** earlier. its just that when you pour nearly all of your time and money into an automobile and someone just undermines it, you can get a little pissed. I didnt mean to be such a dick, and apologize. sorry curtis. i was a straight dick to you and the others who posted on my thread. I just dont know much about the things the guy before me did to this thing. sorry
Old 02-28-2009, 08:05 PM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

what i mean about pouring my time and money into this thing is that ive had some problems in the past and have a lot of money(to me anyways) invested in it. as you can imagine i dont have much money to just thro at this tank. so to me these bolt ons are cool as hell. and once again sorry for bein an ***
Old 02-28-2009, 08:10 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

That is better. Now tell us everything you DO know about your truck and let's see if we can't make some suggestions.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

stuff

Alright this is all i got. i know i need to get some more info... i pretty much dont know jack **** but ill give you all i got. i think my motor has low compression. im not sure but maybe 130-150. give or take. there is a holley 4 bbl 650 cfm carb on there with an edelbrock performer on there. it looks OLD probably when they first came out... the headers are mr gasket(pos i know) which go to glasspacks (i know they are restrictive but i like the sound) the intire rear end was rebuilt when an idiot tor it up. there are 373s in there now. i know theyre just bolt ons buy beleive me, to me they are cool as hell!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

ask me anything and ill do my best to give you a half way decent answer
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83SILVRADO
I didnt mean to be such a dick, and apologize. sorry curtis.
No worries... I was a dick too and I apologize. Now let's get that truck moving faster

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.