Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What Not To Do When Doing Body Work Or Painting A Car
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:10 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Here's one that again, I witnessed personally in a small town in Saskatchewan. Now, some people think the foam on the lake is from a combination of salt and other chemicals in the water. Personally I feel that the foam is there because they allow the Rabid town painter drink from it. For all you people that live in Saskatchewan, you now know the name of the town I'm talking about.

I head into Foam Lake to make one of my two stops, my first one being at the local Implement Dealer/Auto Parts Store/Hardware Store/Hasty Mart/Butcher Shop/Barber Shop/Dentist/Chiropractor/Body Shop. As I walk in I call the name of the owner of the establishment...no response but, I do hear the compressor running in the shop so it's off to the shop I go.

As I walk into the shop, I notice that a section in one corner had been partitioned off with plastic sheeting, a large fan used for removing dust from grain was running at top speed and the dirt floor around the make shift booth was wet. I moved closer to the plastic enclosure I smelled the distinct odor of Endura Paint, (a locally produced product that is tough as nails but you need an air fed respirator to read the Tech sheets) and I heard a muffled kind of singing. Again I called out the name of this multi talented entrepreneur, still no answer. I struggle but I finally do find the section of the plastic that would allow a person access and I walk in, still calling his name. All of a sudden, I am being yelled at to the effect of "What the F*&* are you doing in here, this truck has to turn out perfect", while I'm standing in 3 inches of mud.

I begin apologizing and in the middle of my apology I stop, my jaw drops, the boss now comes around the corner of the vehicle, I can't believe what I saw...he was smoking a cigarette with a hole cut in his paper respirator and his German Shepard was standing beside him wagging his tail in the freshly painted box side.

I didn't know if I should laugh, cry or run...I choose run...I never did return, I drove by often just to see if he would survive....and here is proof that life isn't fair. I drove by for years, he not only survived, he started selling appliances.

Ray
that's one thing that bugs me, when people subject their dogs/pets
to the harmful stuff in shops then have the nerves to wonder why it had such a short life.