Hot Rod Forum banner

What other tires would fit?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Double_v23 
#1 ·
Right now on my 65 Buick Skylark I have mickey thompson sportsman pro 26x12.50r15's (on the back obviously)

These tires fit great, the previous owner really did his homework when he installed these tires and there isn't more than a half inch between the tires and the fender or the tire and the frame.

I am going to need new tires soon and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a metric tire or a taller tire that would fill out the same space.

If I can't find any I will just go with the same tire but with that size my options are limited.

I know there are spacial relationships like a taller tire of the same advertised width will be wider than a shorter tire of the same width...or something like that...

Just looking for some insight.

#3 ·
Thanks but I can do the calculations on my own, What I am looking for are options.

Like if I put on a 28x12.50r15 will it be wider than my 26x12.50r15? Do they make a 305 50 r15 tire that is sticky like drag radials.

What sizes are L60 tires or whatever those numbers were from back in the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.