Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What paint to spray?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
Could some one give me advise on what kind of paint I can legally buy as a
novice in Canada? Are the new water base paints available to a novice? Any tips on the new paint that you suggest would be great.

Where to buy the paint would be great also. If I can get it on line a web address would be great. Or the name of a national supplier that will sell to me.

I got the boot out of a few places here in town a while back. Pro's only.

Craig
Trying to buy paint in Canada can be a bit of a challenge for a novice...I know Saskatchewan quite well and have a question for you. What color are you planning on painting your car? It could very well make a difference.

If your looking for Primers and an excellent clear as well I can help you out.

The reason that you may have gotten the boot from paint suppliers in Canada/Saskatchewan is that if you where looking for water born base coat, many of the manufacturer's have air pressures that are paint gun specific for application and many also require lowering the pressure to apply a drop coat when spraying metallic's. It would take a paint jobber a fair amount of time to educate you in spraying water born base coat....and could only educate you if you had the proper recommended paint gun. Water born base coat is the way of the future and like it or not, when you live in Canada, we are going to have to live with it.

So let me know, what color and where you are located in Saskatchewan and I will try and help you out.

Ray