Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What paint to spray?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
I am in Saskatoon. I am looking for blue. Slightly deeper than a medium for
53 gmc truck. While I am begging for info, and please don't freak, what is a good primer for a novice? I need something to hide my sins.

I would love to do a red but wife tells me I did the little red truck to death.
Time for a little blue truck.
It's OKay Craig, no body here is going to freak...pretty much everybody is here to help.

I know Saskatoon very well, from cruising 8th Street and 22nd Street street in the mid to late 70's to looking for restaurants on Idywyld, the Sheraton Cavalier across from the Besborough (I think I spelled that wrong) Hotel. The Dragons Car Show every Easter long weekend and Cruise Night in August when they block off most of Down Town for a couple of days.

For Primer, lately I've been using SPI. It's an Epoxy Primer that comes in different shades of Grey, from white to a dark Grey. It has excellent rust protection, good build and can be sanded. If your needing Primer, this is the only one you would need. They also have a clear that is as good as any high end clear on the market. The reason I asked you what color is because SPI specializes in Primers and Clears but, they do have three colors of base coat. Black, White and Red.

The products I have used from SPI have all been top notch and I would highly recommend them for quality, customer service and the price is incredible.

I'll send you a Private Message with information to get in touch with their distributor in Canada...they ship for free as well.

Check your PM box shortly for the information.

Best Regards

Ray