Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What was the problem on Grouchos thread !

9K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  poncho62 
#1 ·
I dont see the problem on the thread about members and past street racing? and this is directed to all members!! I want to hear what you think? Read the thread its in the dump now!!! , No one was saying to go out and street race ! this was the lounge where I thought we had a lot of lee way!! Does that mean we cant talk about the police that blocked off roads and let us race with city approval on the street! Or car shows that do the same thing!!! What happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH on this sight, I used to see it plastered all over this sight!! Its the one reason I joined and dont belong to any thing else on the internet!!! I see a lot of people that used to be out spoken on here and now they are very careful not to say anything that may be taken the wrong way! If we talk about the movie American graffiti or 2 lane black top and mention street racing is it going to the dump. Who is doing the censoring an old hall monitor from grade school! Last year they used to just remove the stuff that wasnt relevant or way off subject And it would be only a couple of posts Now your dumping a whole thread!!

I havn't been on here since spring (I was too busy all summer and fall!) in the last month I retired and Im spending a little more time on here and noticed the big change!

I dont see any thing wrong with Grouchos thread And I think it should be put back on. And if this is sent to the dump your spitting in the face of an old combat marine (ME) that spent 4 yrs fighting for your freedom To squelch our little bit freedom on this sight To talk about our youth and remember , and enjoy reading about other peoples experiences in a lounge!!!!!

Jester :mad:

See less See more
#29 · (Edited)
Grouchos thread

topwrench said:
Well if u bet the farm on me you'll win.....
Soooo Id like to really know how some people test their cars and engines after they build them.
Please post n let me know.
Do u drag ur cars to racetracs to get the carbs jetted right?
Im not condoning street racing,but really.How do you do this?
I know about people who got killed eating potato chips.
Didnt make me stop!
The speed limit on the Interstate here is 75, I dont see anything wrong with getting to that speed in 3or4 seconds.
Hey Jester, Two lane blacktop is my favorite movie!
Ive worked on a lot of racecars n seen a lot of people get killed,Fireball Roberts and Dale Earndhardt to name two,very sad days,didnt keep anybody from racing though.

Well when I raced we took the car to the track, we could go anytime as we had a key to it. That's where I would go to break in a engine also. As far as getting carbs set, or anything else that's what you do for the days before eliminations

Where I am at in the state we have no interstates, one is about 70 miles South and another about 100 miles east. The closest highway is about 3 miles but that is a two lane road, with tons of cars.

Other people can do as they please, I choose not to, Besides I have FI on my cars.

Bob

Attachments

#30 ·
Cops

I put 2 webber two barrel side draft carbs on A Harley 1/4 m. race bike late into the night! I had two Gaylord cops in my shop drive way visiting They did that a lot!!. And my shop was right across from the public library And the state police department was right around the corner! LOL You can see it in my journal to get an idea where it was and looked like! The nearest drag strips were 100s of miles away!! Dont do what Im about to say I did :nono: :spank:

I pulled the bike out on the street in front of my shop for a road test LOL No traffic it was about two in the morning I Nailed it (Its been 22 years and Ill bet the rubber on the road is still hot) I woke up the Whole city!!! :D LOL Lights were coming on 10 miles away ! every body showed up but a navy seal team!! The two cops that were in drive were cracken up! I got balled out so bad my ears were bleeding but never got a ticket :D I also got balled out a lot for open header tune ups (but I was zoned commercial) I ignored em :D

Ive done this at every shop I ever owned and never got a ticket!!! :mwink: but the car's were always back in the shop before the Calvary came!! My shops were a draw for kids and young men I liked that :D

When I saw the shaker it brought this memory back thanks for that this was fun :D LOL I forgot I was old for a few seconds :mwink: And the shaker left the line like it was shot out of a howitzer !!! :evil:

I also road tested the supercharged mustang, 37 plymouth and all the cars that left my shop ( did this very safety minded though) Thats the reason we say road tested not track tested right guys.

Chris

#31 ·
painted jester said:
I put 2 webber two barrel side draft carbs on A Harley 1/4 m. race bike late into the night! I had two Gaylord cops in my shop drive way visiting They did that a lot!!. And my shop was right across from the public library And the state police department was right around the corner! LOL You can see it in my journal to get an idea where it was and looked like! The nearest drag strips were 100s of miles away!! Dont do what Im about to say I did :nono: :spank:

I pulled the bike out on the street in front of my shop for a road test LOL No traffic it was about two in the morning I Nailed it (Its been 22 years and Ill bet the rubber on the road is still hot) I woke up the Whole city!!! :D LOL Lights were coming on 10 miles away ! every body showed up but a navy seal team!! The two cops that were in drive were cracken up! I got balled out so bad my ears were bleeding but never got a ticket :D I also got balled out a lot for open header tune ups (but I was zoned commercial) I ignored em :D

Ive done this at every shop I ever owned and never got a ticket!!! :mwink: but the car's were always back in the shop before the Calvary came!! My shops were a draw for kids and young men I liked that :D

When I saw the shaker it brought this memory back thanks for that this was fun :D LOL I forgot I was old for a few seconds :mwink: And the shaker left the line like it was shot out of a howitzer !!! :evil:

I also road tested the supercharged mustang, 37 plymouth and all the cars that left my shop ( did this very safety minded though) Thats the reason we say road tested not track tested right guys.

Chris
And that right there is why these threads get closed, edited and dumped.......Suddenly you are saying how it was all right with the cops back then........and implying that it you wished or it should be that way now......

Sorry....case closed.....with this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.