Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what rearend will fit under a model A
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

model A parts swap

Be aware . Different years used different parts usually the 5 lug maverick is an 8 inch, Read up on the Wiki here on hotrodders on how to identify rear ends. My Roadster was built over 20 years ago, never completed . It has several things I don't like and plan on changing. The Maverick 8 in rear was installed with coil springs. NOT coilovers. the home made 4 bars used toyota tie rods. about the size of my pinky finger. the front has a 40's axle with more toyota parts. welds to the axle and various places on the frame. I have another frame I plan on using and will use different parts. and will sell the rolling chassis for a rat rod, My choices, I have a stock front axle, a 40's car front susp complete and a 46 lincoln front suspension with the good big drum brakes. Buick finn brakes in a box. and 40 spindles with 65 Mustang 4 piston disc conversions. For the rear I have a mustang 8 out of a 70, about 2 inch too wide, a 5.0 mustang "posi rear with 5 bolt disc conversions, I have located a 65 mustang K car in a wrecking yard with the 9 in rear, the owner just hasn't said what he wants for it. You can buy the various conversions pieces, just have to decide if rear coil overs or a leaf, Welder series sells a weld it yourself hot rod parts. I usually build all my own parts.,,, I have a mill, lathe , plasma, pattern cutter, etc.