what replacement bench seat will fit 57pickup - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 10:42 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

what replacement bench seat will fit 57pickup

Hey guys, my 57 3100 truck came without a bench seat. Can anyone tell me what modern make/model/year trucks I can get one out of that will fit? Thanks.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 04:10 PM

Last photo:

Hey Rev, this is a basic hotrodding issue. Nothing will just bolt up and fit correctly being that you want a modern bench seat. Basic rule of hotrodding is if it doesn't fit, make it fit. If you want a modern bench seat, maybe with power, cup holders and a lil console built into the center that folds up, and heck even wrapped in leather and heated, I would first measure from door panel to door panel and then floor to top of seat bottom. If the stock seat is comfortable, I would take these rough estimates and start looking for a seat that you feel comfortable in and that fits between your mesurements. Wheather it be in your work truck, neighbors truck, used car lot truck you can test drive and see what you feel comfortable and like. Then once you have an idea of year, make and model I would look on ebay, the junk yards and craigslist.com and see if you can find a good bench seat. Making brakets for seats is not that hard, i've had to make them before and boy do they pay off when you can sit in a nice comfy padded seat and not have wires and springs poking your butt anymore . You can always have them wrapped in a color and material to match your interior. I've made brackets with just a drill, square tubing and nuts n bolts. Welding would make them stronger but I just used heavy duty fasteners and it came out great. Hope this helps and gets the ball rolling, good luck!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:13 PM

Last photo:

Sorry rev, I missed the part where you said you didn't have a seat to begin with. You can always raise or lower the height of your seat with the brackets or even easier if you have adjustable height on your modern seats.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by revedup57
Hey guys, my 57 3100 truck came without a bench seat. Can anyone tell me what modern make/model/year trucks I can get one out of that will fit? Thanks.
1badlemans is right, there isn't a list anywhere that will tell you exactly which seat will fit your particular truck. You need to measure between the doors, and see how much room you have. The newer full size truck bench seats are going to be too big, so you need to find an older truck, like 70's or 80's, or smaller trucks like the S-10 or Ranger. Good luck.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

One of the places to look is in the passenger vans as the center seat is usually shorter than the others.. Take your tape measure with you when you go shopping..those are even close to the right height for those older pickups..They work fine if you can accept a bench seat..

Sam
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 AM

Last photo:

1955-59 Chevrolet stock bench seat dimensions

Don't know if Revedup is still around, but I went and measured mine for the record. ;

57-57 1/2" wide
12 1/2-13" butt to floor
18" front seat edge to backrest
31" floor to top of backrest
27" back of seat(wall side) to front of seat( I think the slider is still about midway) this dimension will vary according to slider position.

olnolan
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Last photo:

Seats

I hate to disagree with you guys but there could be a new chev seat that will fit with out a lot of trouble.

I will give you an example, I took the seats out of my 46 Ford Coupe, Now I wanted to put buckets in front, so they were a little work I got the seats from a 98 Mark VIII, I had to make a little riser for them, then drill the holes in the riser to fit the floor holes, the back of the seats were right on, the front mounting tab was at a angle, so I drilled and tapped it to fit. The back seat, I lifted the back off of the mounting tabs, then took the bottom out, took the bottom of the mark put it in. It had a slight forward slope, so I put a 2x4 across hump, got it level and screwed it in the bottom now fit perfect. Then I took the back from the Mark, after mounting 2 safety belts from the Mark, and just slip the back on the mounting tabs. I didn't have to change a thing. They fit perfect over the wheel wells, the seats were no wider than the stock ones, now Henry was known not to change things if he didn't have to, so all was good. All change in less than a day.

Bob

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.