Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodding Basics (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodding-basics/)
-   -   What to run (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-run-66163.html)

GalaxieRoller 07-18-2005 08:53 AM

Fast for cheap: what's the best combo?

1967 galaxie, looking for nines!

RCastle 07-18-2005 04:25 PM

Good Luck,cool rides. Grandpa had an old 69 Galaxie,loved that car. Sold it to my a-hole step dad at the time,and he split form my mom and my grandpa without paying a dime. I remember seeing his name in the obits a few years back and got a lot a satisfacation out of it.Post in the engines forum and you will get the responses you want.

Centerline 07-18-2005 05:53 PM

I'm moving this to the engine forum. Someone there will be able to give an informed answer.

OneMoreTime 07-18-2005 06:37 PM

Get rid of weight is the best and cheapest HP you can find..So do a race style interior..ditch the inner fender panels..make a tube radiator support..Small fuel tank..Battery at the right rear..Bumpers can go..make rolled pans..heater A/C goes away..what you are left with is a body shell..

With 9's you will have to have a legal cage..Race buckets are lighter..

It is not all motor to get in the nines with anything..

OMT

Jmark 07-18-2005 09:43 PM

Go away Troll!!

edge 07-18-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmark
Go away Troll!!

Ditto. Lock and dump this useless thread. Ed

GalaxieRoller 07-18-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edge
Ditto. Lock and dump this useless thread. Ed

Go right on ahead!

Nightfire 07-19-2005 12:13 AM

Relax guys. Just cause he didnt have his facts straight one time doesnt mean he's a troll. Seriously, he explained his situation and that his bud had swapped trannys. We're here for hot rodding not people bashing.
Now to answer your question, getting 9's is VERY tough for a heavy car like yours. Obviously stock engine wont do (without throwing a ton of money at it). Like mentioned earlier, strip EVERYTHING untill you only have a bodyshell left. Then you'll have to tub it, pro street rear end setup (lotta $$$) driveshaft loop is obligatory same with a cage. Basically you'll have to spend a lot of money and time to get into 9's. Probably not worth for a car like a 67 Galaxie, but hey its your car. Have you ever driven 9's or close to it?

Mike

Nightfire 07-19-2005 12:16 AM

She runs nines :D

http://www.dragracetoons.com/images/...ALAXIE_500.jpg

Mike

GalaxieRoller 07-19-2005 12:25 AM

Quote:

[Nightfire]Relax guys. Just cause he didnt have his facts straight one time doesnt mean he's a troll. Seriously, he explained his situation and that his bud had swapped trannys. We're here for hot rodding not people bashing.
Now to answer your question, getting 9's is VERY tough for a heavy car like yours. Obviously stock engine wont do (without throwing a ton of money at it). Like mentioned earlier, strip EVERYTHING untill you only have a bodyshell left. Then you'll have to tub it, pro street rear end setup (lotta $$$) driveshaft loop is obligatory same with a cage. Basically you'll have to spend a lot of money and time to get into 9's. Probably not worth for a car like a 67 Galaxie, but hey its your car. Have you ever driven 9's or close to it?

the gutting isn't quite necessary, instead of shaving 1000 pounds, I'll just need 100 more horse, so shouldn't I just concentrate on saftey, power, and hook instead of weight?

poncho62 07-19-2005 12:28 AM

It's a lot easier to shed weight than to make more horsepower.

edge 07-19-2005 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfire
Have you ever driven 9's or close to it? Mike

Mike,
He claims he is only 12, so I doubt he has even driven at all.

Based on his posts and his attitude, he has zero credibility. Furthermore, it is hard to believe a 12 year old has a 67' Galaxie and "a 7500+ rpm 427 clevor and e4od waiting for it, ... "
If he really had this 67' Galaxie, it would go a long way for him to post a picture of it with a dated sign that says "Hotrodders".

That's JMO. Ed

dh79 07-19-2005 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfire
Relax guys. Just cause he didnt have his facts straight one time doesnt mean he's a troll. Seriously, he explained his situation and that his bud had swapped trannys. We're here for hot rodding not people bashing.

Mike

Nope, this guys a troll. Thirty something posts in one day, and all of it is bs. Look at how many other threads he started today. But be warned, each of his threads is a total waste of time. Some of them have been sent to the dump already. Hopefully the rest aren't too far behind.

Nightfire 07-19-2005 12:08 PM

My bad.

Mike

GalaxieWarrior 07-22-2005 08:46 AM

right

Ain't no way. I own a 70 Galaxie and let me tell you from first hand experience there is no way a Galaxie with any piece that came from the factory will run close to 10 let alone 9. I'd like to get mine in the 14s. But will prolly scrape it for a lighter car.