what a rush- I am sooo lucky - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 11:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

what a rush- I am sooo lucky

hey guys, just wanted to pass a little story along.
I have had my hot rod running about two months now and finall y got all the bugs worked out. Its a 1983 buick regal wit a 383 stroker with 430 dyno'd horse. Well I've been dying to test it out against something(hopefully rice)but could'nt find anything. then tonight I'm out for a little late night cruise when I ran into a 62 impala with street legal slicks on it and sounding really mean. when the single lane we were in turned into a double lane he invited me to roll up for a little ground pounding. we launched even and after about halfway through second gear we shut them down, he had beaten me by about 3/4 car length but man what a rush we were screaming. this was the first time I had really given my car a hard run through second and man was I impressed.So then we go to pull into a gas station to b.s. and all of a sudden the cherrys lit up behind us, shi.t we were busted! the cop comes up to our cars and asks us if we knew how fast we were going, we said we were'nt sure. he said we were going in excess of 70 in a 45. then he asked us if we were drag racing. we both said no- just goofing off. then he took our licenses to the squad. Me and the impala guy were bumming we thought we were done for. then the cop comes back rips us a new as.s for about 5 minutes then says he is'nt going to do anything but we better watch our ***.es. I cant beleive how lucky we were I feel like I just got out of a death sentance. man what a night, I think the regal is going to stay in the garage for a few weeks and I'll drive the s10 for a while. wow am I lucky or what. anybody else run into cool cops like that?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2003, 11:10 PM
The Dude

Last photo:

VERY LUCKY!

Seņor
Old 08-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Dream as if you'll live 4ever

Last photo:

Not me! I just got a speeding ticket for going 41 in a 25 and I was just leaving Church!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:21 AM
HEAD GREASEWHORE

Last journal entry: More
Last photo:

I was lucky .. I had a 1990 Cavalier.. nothing hot.. but she was my baby .... (thats the car that a 16 year old punk with no license rearended me and totalled it) anyway ..enough of the bitterness.... I was cruisin down the highway .. pretty fast.... and got clocked by an O.P.P. ... he pulled me over.. and said.... do you know how fast you were goin? to that i said ... uhh...NOPE! he said i was doin 95 in a 80... thought to myself .. its all good.. not tooo tooo bad.... so i handed him my license. He came back and said ma,am .. you are 38 and have never had a speeding ticket on record... just how have you done that .... I said.. "it took you this long to catch me!!!" I thought the cop was gonna pee his pants..... he let me go with a warning... and said.... great come back ... dont come back again!!!

Yup .. i was lucky!

Pup
Old 08-19-2003, 10:30 AM
i think its broke...

Last photo:

lol i hope i never have to deal with police
Old 08-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Vetter

Wow. These are great stories.

I'm 17 and I've never gotten anything whether I'm in my '78 Vette or the beater '89 Tempo GL. I'm scared to death of getting in trouble. It's not like I'm most of you guys. I'm 17 still living with my parents and I'm under their insurance. If I got in trouble, dad would surely take away the keys to the Vette. Can't let that happen.

Hey, while we are on the subject, I have a question. Say us hot rodders are on the street, we come to a red light. And we just wanna burn a little rubber, not go fast. If we turn our tires a little bit, can we get in trouble for that? I mean, it's not like we're breaking the speed limit or anything. But can the police stop us for something like this?

78SilverShark
Old 08-19-2003, 12:06 PM
HEAD GREASEWHORE

Last journal entry: More
Last photo:

I dont know about in Joisey... but yup .. here in ontario you would get your ***** beat! they sure as heck dont like it.. .. My cuz got disturbing the peace... and destruction of public property! you are not suppose to intentionally leave traces of rubber behind!

pup
Old 08-19-2003, 12:09 PM

Last photo:

Yes you can get in trouble. The law calls that "unsafe start", also could be considered reckless driving. It is frowned upon by the law enforcement community. When they do it, it's called pursuit. I've seen indiana state police leave some impressive posi-marks in their Z28 camaro squad cars. LS1's will do that I guess.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:13 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

I had my 81 Chevette with a 355ci sbc and a turbo 350 in town one day. I was leaving a small mall after getting carry out food with my girl in the back and a fella gave me the turn em over sign. I usually dont drive fast with my little ones in the car, but I figured a small tire turner wouldnt much mater.
I lite em up for about 2 or 3 seconds and with the lite car and well built motor, it was smokin fast. Anyway, I started out and the lights were flashin behind me. I pulled over and the city cop walked up shaken his head. Looked the car over and said"what the hell have you got in that Chevette?" I said a small block chevy. Helloked in back at my buckled up girl, told me to drive like I had sense and left.
I wasnt buckled up, had no insurance and my front tagg wasnt on. Thats the good luck! HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 08-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Vetter

Wow. I didn't know this. At least I know now before I get in trouble. I'll just have to look around and make sure there are not the flashing cherries around.

Thanks guys and drive safely!

78SilverShark
Old 08-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

My last speeding ticket was in the chop top 53 Bel Air against my buds 34 Chev sedan. We left the bar at 2 AM and decided to go for it on the interstate. That Mustang running up on us was one of thiers, so party was over. I think he was sort of impressed by the iron and only gave us both 75 in a 65. Who knows what we would have blown in the tube if he had gone that far. My drinking habits have been curbed since then, but that was a rush. And yes, I was getting whooped bad!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Actually about two years ago I was coming home from the Woodward dream cruise in my buddies 62 Ford Sunliner. Over the top of the rolling hills in Ohio I see a police cruiser in the median and hit the brakes hard....He comes after me and asks why I was doing 78 in a 65. I replied "with these old brakes that is all the speed I could scrub off before flying by you"! He laughed and told me he never wanted to see me again. I said "If you do I'll have better brakes next time"!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Just out crusin

One Saturday afternoon, down the interstate in my 402 71 Chevelle. I pass a truck doing 90 and put the hammer down. I see 140 and then I see my exit sign, 1mile to exit. I get off the interstate and pull right into the parking lot of a shopping mall and park. Get out of the car and walk into the mall. Once in the mall I realize I'm wearing my really dark prescription sun glasses and decide to go back to the car for my regular glasses. There are 3 staties at my car and and airplane circling the parking lot looking for me. I got a ticket but got out of it because the airplanes interments were over dew for calibration. Paid a lawyer $100, very well worth it.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last journal entry: The Blower and test fit.
Last photo:

Ouch Todd! Luckily you got off the highway and out of the car in time.

I was coming home from a Goodguys Show in Pleasanton, CA in my 69 Camaro and got into it with a nasty sounding Mustang. We hit about 120 and let off and stayed side by side for a while admiring each other's rides. Then out of no where and bike cop pulls up between us gives us both some dirty looks and shakes his head and rides off. That's the closest I've ever come to a ticket in the Camaro...

As for smoking the tires and getting a ticket. Here in CA, smoking the tires, taking off and spinning them, or even getting a hard 2nd gear scratch is cause for an Ehibition of Speed ticket. It's a pretty bad ticket here, almost as bad as a wet & wreckless (as far as the insurance co. is concerned).
Old 08-20-2003, 02:58 AM
Chevy sittin' low

I always wip out the active duty ID card. They usually tell me they know how a company commander can be about tickets, then ask questions about my car. I've been pulled over at least 15 times in the last 2 years, and haven't gotten a single ticket. Two pullovers where for drag racing, I got out of one in court, and the other one right there at the pullover.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.