Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What should I ask for my old compressor on craigslist?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Here's what I said in the ad:

"Sanborn Black Max 5HP, 2 stage, 80 gallon air compressor model B51-A22-V80.

Compressor runs normally but slowly quit building air on me and spits a little oil out the oil fill hole. This indicates to me the rings are gone. I needed to get some work done in a hurry so I bought a new compressor and want to sell the Sanborn as is. Parts are available for this compressor (even a complete new pump is available).

This compressor is a true 5HP unlike so many new compressors that inflate the horsepower rating. You just don't see 2 stage, 175 psi compressors at the big box stores anymore. The telling feature is the cfm rating which is 18 cfm at 100 psi on this one.

I replaced the motor with a new AO Smith Century motor exactly 3 years ago. I bought the motor from J & J electric here in San Angelo and it cost me $350 so my price on this entire compressor is worth it for the motor alone.

Fix this compressor up or if you've got a pump then take the motor and/or tank for yours. However, I won't part this out and will take $200 for the entire unit. I've been told that's a real bargain from a couple of people I've mentioned it too.

Please call me (no texting please)
."