Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What should we do with this seat?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

So far, here's what I think: Gator 412 made a comment before that I didn't think much of at the time, but now I think it's important. He wanted to know if it could be done inexpensively. What I will do is keep track of exactly how much it costs me for the raw materials like c-boy does when he's building a rod, and put the figure in my posts as I go along. I think S10fan is right when he says he'd like it kept basic. Everything evolves from the very basic , like this truck seat, and we can make the tutorials more advanced as time goes on. I also like (One More Time) Sam's ideas about building up the bolster areas to make it look more like a bucket-type seat, and making it black with a cloth insert(although I think we'll pass on the Pendleton plaid for the insert) Basic black will probably sell easier. I like 35 window's idea about leather with tweed, but working with leather is a whole different animal, and a whole different lesson.
Where's our resident artist, Alan Horvath, when I need him? He always has good design ideas. Help us out, Alan.