Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What size impact to get
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

for 3/8 drive I primarily use a air ratchet I have several the bad boy of the bunch (when I say the bad boy is the model i've seen used in the bone yards the most with the least amount of complaints)

is the Snap On FAR 72B with good air pressure hold on it will hurt you (I 've knocked a couple of finger nails off with it)I have 3 of them

for repetitive tasks such as putting deck screws through a plank on a trailer i have a 3/8 pistol grip impact Husky
easier to control than a butterfly

I have a elcheapo 1/2 impact for light stuff that I think might break and the I R 231 double anvil
that double anvil comes 3/8 1/2 & 3/4 that I know of the most impressive impact (to me ) ever !!that double hit really does the job

harbor freight by me sells new IR's and CP's as far as I can tell there is NO difference between central and chicago pneumatics if you put them side by side and took off the stickers I cant tell the difference

i bought a Chicago 3/4 drive impact wish i'd bought the IR

now as far as sockets that also depends on how much you are gonna use them my 1/2 is S-K and they are damn tough for what I use them for.

GOOD LUCK

SR66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums