Hot Rod Forum banner

what is "soft ride susspention"

9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  LATECH 
#1 ·
My steering rack question again, cavalier rack, one has "soft ride" and the other does not...so, what is the difference and does it mater which one i choice...

#5 ·
well, I was merely saying that I have not heard of it. That doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Just my 2 cents. Also a thread bump might help get your post noticed.Someone may have heard of it. I wasnt trying to be flip .

#8 ·
Soft ride suspension is the option name for the suspension RPO code FE1. It's used on any GM cars that have optional sport suspension packages to delineate the two options.

FE1 or Soft Ride suspension is the name for the base suspension option found on J-bodies, F-bodies, Y-bodies, etc.

#9 ·
Also there are 3 different rack and pinions , as I asked a parts guy ( a real one) . Each one has a different ratio , or turns of the wheel from lock to lock to put it simply. One is the standard ratio and there are 2 different ratios for "sport"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.