Hot Rod Forum banner

What steering input shaft is this?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  powerrodsmike 
#1 ·
I have a unisteer power steering rack that came with a Heidt's Mustang II IFS kit for my 35 Chevy master. I was planning on getting the steering going today and I came to an empass. The instructions say that the supplied rack is for a 1984-1993 Ford Mustang with a 3/4-36 spline input shaft. It is a bit under 3/4 and there are not any splines.
What is this? Is this right? What size is it?
Thanks

Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I've seen that end before,( I think it's a metric Dodge), but I don't think it belongs with that Heidts kit...If it does, it's something I haven't seen used before.

Call Heidts tomorrow..

Mikey

#4 ·
Marks914,

My Heidt's MII for my '38 Pontiac came with that same input. Mine is the Heidt's Multi-fit Delux kit. If you will go to the Borgeson u-joint page you will see what they call a "3/4 V, Mustang "V" for '94 and up Mustang. In the various size listings it is considered a spline type listed as 3/4 V. This is on page 3 of their catalog. This is my first street rod build and expected to see a "real" spline there. But this should be just as secure if the fit is tight.
Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.