Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is the strongest glue or epoxy that you have used?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 08:14 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

What is the strongest glue or epoxy that you have used?

I've found many glue or epoxy products do not hold on moldings or trims as well as they should. I know most shops use 3m double sided tape to re-install body side moldings but they are never as strong as the factory new moldings double sided tape. I've seen some moldings come loose over time with shops using this method.

My experiences with the 3M molding/trim glue have been horrible. Its a squeeze tube glue that looks straight forward but it tends to lose its bind in very hot weather and/or eventually fall off. One of the worst glue products i've used tbh.

I've also seen people use windshield sealer, super glue, Q-bond, JB weld, gorrilla glue for quick adhesive fixes over the above. I know there are 3M 2 part epoxies or glues that i haven't really used much.

I just haven't found a method i completely trust 100% to hold trims, moldings, etc. on to vehicles long term. The double sided tape method which seems to be the most utilized seems very flawed for long term binding. Anyone have anything they can recommend?