Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is this thing ?
View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 PM
joe_padavano joe_padavano is offline
Registered User
Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,690
Wiki Edits: 1

Thanks: 23
Thanked 399 Times in 355 Posts
It's an offloader, used on an assembly line to offset the weight of a heavy tool (like an air ratchet or something) to avoid repetitive stress syndrome injuries. The clip hooks into the tool and the cable is spring loaded to allow the tool to be moved into position while the spring and cable offset the weight.
Reply With Quote