Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What tools for 4L60E rebuild?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 03:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AMDAP
[B]Hey thanks ronb! So I need these things?

http://www.technicalvideos.com/tools...mp_rings.phtml

I've only done turbo 350's, so I've only seen the guts of that one. Just wondering what else to order, with the video and manual, so I don't have to wait forever for shipping other stuff. I'm in Alaska...

ALASKA? BURRRRRRRR! this tool(link above) is really not needed for the 700r4 but is needed for the 4L60E! you will need to use the solid seals(not split ring seals)on the 4L60E it is possible to install the solids with out this tool but extreme care must be taken as to not damage them when installed then compress them using a hose clamp,allow the clamp some time to remain on the seal! the other link you found I believe is the Shaft seal tool you will need? the link is no good so I cannot tell for sure? this tool installs the solid seals on the input shaft, (the sizer that comes with it )I recommend you size each seal as they are installed then after all are in leave the sizer on the shaft as long as you can or until you are ready to install the housing! the video is helpful but really not necessary! Haynes has a really nice book on rebuiling the GM automatics (sold at most parts stores) has step by step with photo`s, finally the the 700R4 is similar to 350 internally

Last edited by ronb; 01-29-2005 at 03:38 AM.