Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What will my HP and torque be with the patriot heads
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 06:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

helping you fellow hotrodders

Thanks Tech, I appreciate you running that for me. However, I'm not sure if the CR was quite accurate?? KB site has the KB 119's at 9.7:1 w/ a 76cc chamber, Although I'm not sure what the deck height and gasket thickness they use is, but I thought the last time I was on there it said 9.025" and .038". Is about what I have cuz the block has never been decked, although it may very a little from shift it should be pretty close to .025", and I know the gasket was just plain jane Felpro ~.040.
Any way what I'm gettin at is, If their CR's are correct or pretty close, Going to a 68cc chamber should take me close to 10.5- 10.6:1. You said you ran a 9.6 CR, Please correct me if I'm wrong. Not tryin to correct you just tryin to figure out how you got that CR. I know all these dang CR calculator vary so much that its hard to find 2 that are consistent, But I actually had a tech from Brodix calcualate My CR for me when I was contumplating buying the 70cc IK180's, and he told me i'd me right around 10.45:1 with a 70cc chamber/standard gasket/stock deck, so I was just assuming a 68cc chamber would be around 10.5-10.6. That CR would actually work pretty well with my cam on 93 octane.

AND GLEN BOY, FYI, I used to have DD, but my computer got a major virus somehow and I lost everything. When best buy did the reboot they only installed the factory programs so I lost it. If you don't have anything nice to say, can you please find another thread to flap your gums. I only have room for so much ignorance. Now you see there are guys like tech and curtis and a few others that don't mind helping a guy out on here. BTW get your facts straight befoer you start rambling like you know what your talkin about. I SAID THE 350 IS ALREADY BUILT, RUNNING AND IN THE CAR!!!! Its got about 20 passes on it and some street driving, SO i'm not building a 350 and a 400 at the same time... Pay attention JR..