What will be your next Hot Rod? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2003, 01:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thought I'd do something a little different this time....I'm building a '68 Chev swb 3/4 ton dually flatbed. Alcoa wheels with a set of radials, varnished oak on the deck with polished aluminum skid strips, varnished oak and mahogany fences, chromed fence latches, one polished aluminum pony beer keg on each side for fuel tanks.
I haven't decided whether to trick-out the 292 that's in it or go with a big-block and an AOD. Eventually it'll have air, PS, PB, full gauges and a nice but functional interior.
It most likely will be a dark,dark green and her name (I'm from the name-your-wheels era) will be "Fiona".

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2003, 02:59 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

currently working on SELLING my 72 camaro ss. so not it.
also sandblasting my 41 scouts frame so it can go to the powder coater so that would be it if you count bikes but if finances keep going the way they are going might have to sell it. have a 73 camaro beater w/no engine that would be nice to hotrod, but frankly i would rather have my pontiac hopped up so i guess i can say the blue car to my left <-
Old 08-21-2003, 03:12 PM
I fight what you f33r!

Last photo:

my '88 GMC pickup, its getting body work done, Caddy tails and a mild 3/4 drop, with some meaty tires on some Weld racing rims
Old 12-02-2005, 02:22 PM

Last wiki edit: Swapping to rack and pinion steering
Last journal entry: 53 coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 88

next project

Fat fendered street rod. I like the looks of the 37 - 40 Pontiacs. Maybe even a 4 door sedan. I want a big fat heavy smooth ride, with attitude.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:13 PM

Last journal entry: A few more
Last photo:

Well guys, after I finish my '46 we will be restoring a '51 Monarch that was chopped and shaved in the late '50's. It has '55 "300" tail lights lenses and '55 "300" rear upper quarters. Have all the history and pics of this car before and after the chop. Have a donor 50 merc floor and frame. Will be fitted with a 312 and four speed top loader tranny. Gonna be sweet when we bring life back to this piece of '50's hotrodding. At the same time we will be starting to build a '49 merc that designed and blueprinted by Ford engineering in '46-'47 but was never built. I'm gonna have to retire to finish the projects in the back of the shop. Cheers!!!!! Will post some pics of the '51 monarch.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm not superstitious

Last journal entry: Release catch for trunk lid pt.5
Last photo:

Once my 53 Chevy is finished I'll have to take off a few months to work on the house and to build a nice carport or two. The first will be about 7m x 8m but the second I want to be 16m x 6m. The second will become my storage area for my other two projects as well as the workshop where I can work on them.

My next car project will be the 52 Chevy Deluxe I bought in September. It will however be a nice subtle old school look. No body mods or V8, just the 235 I6 with maybe some light mods and chrome, a custom colour, wide whites and white tuck 'n roll interior.

After that one I'll start more seriously on the GMC which will be much more of a long term project due to what I want/have to do and spend on it.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:33 PM
L79 327 5SPD S10 '65GTO

Last photo:

Once the GTO is done this summer, I'm starting on the shell that was once my uncles LS6 Chevelle, that he parted to pay for his wedding. It'll be a long road to semi-restoration. Good thing I got the goat to drive
Old 12-02-2005, 10:18 PM
oldsmobile compatible

Last wiki edit: Selling your car Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

My current project is a 80 Dodge 4X4. 87 Monte SS is next in line.

I've got a 59 Olds I'd like to fix up. Sometimes I'd like to sell it, but then I visit this guy's documentation of his 59's restoration and I get stoked. I haven't decided if that's good or bad.

Once there's some room in the driveway I'd like to find a 65 Riviera GS or a 68 Impala SS to fix up. '68 Caddy Eldorado would be nice too.

By the way, 46 fleetline, I really like your car. That's a gorgeous automobile.

Last edited by pigjamelectric; 12-02-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:51 PM

Last journal entry: A few more
Last photo:

Thanks Pigjam;Hopefully it'll be ready by april.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Start those projects someday

Last journal entry: Divco - has been on the back burner
Last photo:

I'm just finishing up an engine swap in one of my cars (I hate front wheel drive cars). Monday I start on one of my 59 Divco milk trucks. 318/727 and my Ramcharger chassis for donor. The other 59 Divco I want to find a dually chassis (chev) and a 351/AOD Ford drivetrain.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Gotta love the classics

Last photo:

dunno if itll be my last one or first one but here goes.....1957 Chevy BelAir HardTop-RamJet454 motor, 6spd manual tranny, tq thrust IIs 16x10 in back 16x7or8 in front(maybe even some budniks), bucket seats and a custom console, red and white tuck n roll interior, viper red, drop it to about 3.5 inches from ground, and more I cant even think of. Or I would do one with a small block for a DD, the bbc car would be a weekend driver.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:00 PM

Last journal entry: Skinny Cab '77 Chevy
Last photo:

My son is 10 years old now. so were in the thinking stages of what his first car might be.We have a 1957 morisminor that we want to put modern running gear under ? Im looking for info and ideas. So if you know or have heard of any please let me know.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:08 PM
hot rods forever

Last photo:

56 chevy pickup

i want to have a56 chevy pickup witha nice 350 4 speed...lots of paint maybe metalflake blue with a mural chrome wheels .......anybody got one??
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 PM

Last journal entry: First RoadCourse Video
Last photo:

It is likely going to be another 2 years before the 'stang we are working on is done.

I have been drawn to the rat rods as of late. I can remember a lot of the George Barris models that I built as a kid. I can also remember cutting up a lot of different kits and making my own model rods.

I am not really thinking of a T bucket, rather something really nasty. I suppose that the weather is a little crappy (rainy) up here at times, so I'd probably say go with a chopped hard top of some sort. Engine wise, I don't know yet. There is a local guy who spcializes in the flat head fords. Those hold some attaction for me. Maybe that or a 392 or something for a power plant.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Lost in the 50s!

Last journal entry: time to start body work
Last photo:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am not sure that she qualifies as a hotrod, but I have wanted her since I was 14. I am 39 now and was finally able to bring her home last November.

As of now, its completely stock (but street legal) and so much fun to drive.

Someday (could be years), it will no longer be stock, if I have any say in the matter.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.