What will be your next Hot Rod? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm working out a deal to trade my 91 GMC Sierra Ext cab for a 63 Chevy C-10.

Maybe one or 2 of y'all might remember me, well I got wiped out pretty good in Hurricane Katrina. My 02 Formula & 80 GMC Caballero had about 14' of water on top of them. The drive train from the Caballero will go into the 63 C-10 & the Formula is getting rebuilt to full time race car status.

I also recently bought this. If you don't know what it is, do not try to race one. It can be considered a hotrod in my book. It's not stock either. The red Grill & pin stripe will be coming off pretty soon, I like the black on black effect.

Below is a shot of my recovered from the flood Formula.

I did get my 3 Harleys out of the way of the storm, had to make a decision on what was more important & getting 3 harleys out of the way of the storm was more important than 2 cars. Kind of like trying to decide if you want to save your Wife or Kids from a house fire.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2006, 06:15 PM

what will be your next hot rod?

I what to build a 34 two door sadan ,from nothing.all glass,I did my 32 chevy roaster ,so i will give it a try, ''I know i can do it '' Take a look at my album,see what you think !!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:39 PM

Whats Next????????????//

Well Just Sold My 52 Ford Mild Custom To A Nice Gent In Long Island N,y, So Thats Next?????
Been Toying With The Idea Of A Late (95--97) Ford Ranger Chassis With All The Running Gear, V6 Auto Trans And All Under A 48-52 Ford F1.should Be Pretty Cool, What Do You Guys Think
Old 06-07-2006, 08:19 PM

Last journal entry: 99 soft tail standard I painted
Last photo:

My next hot rod will be a 79 malibu,after that a 28 tudor sedan.If I ever get those done I will build a 34 ford.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 PM

Last photo:

I might try to bring this back, chopped, channeled, no front fenders[sold them] with a built slant 6, what the heck, why not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodge truck2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	12650  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:39 PM

Last journal entry: cab on frame
Last photo:

'41 Chevy - No hood, No fenders
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Current Project.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	12651  
Old 06-08-2006, 09:18 AM

Next Rod - after I finish the '32

My next is a '46 Chev pickup.

Crate engine, probably ZZ4 350 cu in, with 'cam' so it sounds good at idle. Tri-power and 4 speed trans. Winters V8 rear end. Wife says its goin to be 'teal', with ww tires.

But the reality is I have to get the '32 done first.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:09 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

next is a rat rod

I have too many toys, next build is a 31 chevy coupe with the top cut off, will be low slung with SBC . haven't decided on susp, have 3 Jag rears, 2 fronts, 47 linc I beam, camero rear, linc disc rear, decisions, decisions !!!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:26 AM
56 chevy pickup

Last photo:

well, i haven't even started on my 56 yet, so thats gotta be done (or at least driveable) before i can start another project.....

right now i am thinking about building a volksrod for my next project.....

or maybe a low-buck chevy 2.8 v6/5 speed powered rod with a cut up VW body...

when i say cut up VW body, i mean just the cowl, windshield frame, doors, and part of the body behind the doors....basically made into a roadster pickup

then section it about 4 inches, maybe narrow it a tad....

if you haven't seen what i am talking about, here is a pic that i photoshopped of a VW body done like i am saying....

it is much easier to find VW's around here than 30's fords or chevys....
Old 06-09-2006, 01:20 AM

Last photo:

61 falcon 2 door sedan gutted interior roll cage 9" rearend very warmed over 300 inline 6 4 speed trans I have most parts for this build when i have time. Its going to be basically built with all the spares and extras i have accumalated thru the years ie not going to cost me a bunch but time.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
User

Last photo:

A $200.00 53' Plymouth with a running flat-head 6. Will run, drive, turn, stop, etc. Only there is one problem. Or a few problems with this car. All of the sheet metal has been cut off from the cowl back. There is a piece of the roof left that is held up with steel posts, and the floor pan. But other than that its just open. The wheel-base was also shortened to around 6-feet, so its a strange looking thing. They actually did a good job of cutting it and putting it back together, its just that they killed a nice car to make a Mutant-Tractor out of it that is the bad part. Its even got a nice end on it. It also includes another engine that they threw in the back to try and get traction to go up hills. I have no idea what to do with it until then. Its running off of a engine-bay mounted gas tank, and it only has one seat (And its from a tractor supposidly) I'm guessing it could probably get 20 m.p.g since it dosn't weigh anything right now.

I do have some plans for it though. Either a woody wagon, or taking the front end and cowl off, then using this running chassis to build something else. Or...

I'm trying to get ahold of a 52' Chevy Pick-up, not too many miles, was wrecked in the 60's or 70's, one side of the roof is screwed up beyond repair. It might run, but after all these years I doubt it. It has a good bed and lower half of the cab. Except the roof parts. I'm trying to buy it so I can build a T-bucket out of the frame. Since they have decent looking rails and a straight axle. And its better than cutting a ranger frame all to pieces to build some deformed beast. I already have a running 350/350 out of a 79' Silverado (Rebuilt about 200,000 ago Edelbrock intake, headers, etc.) My grandpa found a tranny crossmember in a creek in front of his house for a 68' Chevy. I have the front-frame that fell off of one of my 69' El Caminos when we was draggin it home, with a nice cross member for the 350, and it has a good 12-bolt rear. I also drug a 20-something-gallon Diesel tank out of the woods that could be useable if it was cleaned out. I'm pretty sure that the shifter from an automatic TH-200 Chevette would interchange with a 350, so that takes care of my shifter problems. I have some spare gauges, mirrors, etc. from a couple of 50's Crap-rods that I bought (They were packed in gallon buckets, boxes, etc. in the trunks) I have a 34' Ford Grill, A set of Model-A complete Headlights, and a OO-GAH horn. I might use a El Camino master cylinder/pedal assembly, I looked into getting disc-brakes for the rear, since it should be pretty easy to find rear-discs for an A-body. I will need to get some new brakes for the 52' Front end, or I could just do without them. I might be able to scrounge up the gas-pedal/linkage from a 'Vette. I would need some fuel-lines, and brake lines. And a radiator that dosn't look like crap and would fit behind the 34' Grill (Maybe, a early 50's Chevy radiator? Maybe the truck's radiator?) And a $280.00 T-Bucket from unlimited products. The pick-up comes with a set of rims, and the El Camino came with Rallye rims on it. So that takes care of that. Some tires wouldn't hurt. I have some decent turn-signals, and tail-lights. I think I could get by with the Truck's leaf's on the Elky rear. I would need a drive-shaft from somewhere (Not really a problem, my friend has a few) and a pretty good welder...other than that, I already have all the parts to throw one together.

But what Would I do with the left-over cab and bed?

Open wheeled roadster on a 53' Plymouth chassis.

Which would probably get done before the T-bucket does.

-GF
Old 06-10-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersdad
My son is 10 years old now. so were in the thinking stages of what his first car might be.We have a 1957 morisminor that we want to put modern running gear under ? Im looking for info and ideas. So if you know or have heard of any please let me know.

LOL! Probably a Cobalt,PT Cruiser,or HHR. But wait!,there's hope,them Caddillac STR or what ever it is would make excellent hotrod material by then.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:11 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78SilverShark
Okay, if you had to Hot Rod another Hot Rod, what would it be? In other words, what is going to be your next one? Here it is for me:

Next Hot Rod (in a specific order)
1. [color=red]1978 Chevy Corvette[/color] ... I would drop in a 6-speed tranny, put on some fuel injection, drop in a ZZ4 crate engine, get some wide wheels in the back, jack up the back, put headers on her, convert to a true dual exaust, get some loud beefy exaust, and get some nice paint job (flames)
2. [color=red]1967 Cadillac Coupe de Ville[/color] ... Preferably a convertable, drop in a nice engine, put some fuel injection on it, put a 6-speed on the floor, and some nice Cragar S/S wheels, get some loud exaust, as well as a nice paint job
3. [color=red]1971 Chevy Chevelle ...[/color] Jack up the back a little, put some thick wheels and tires in the back, maybe change the paint job (depending on the current situation), and get some loud exaust

What about you? Any future plans?

78SilverShark
Sadly enough my next hot rod is still my current one

A non paying customer left me high and dry on about 15k worth of billable work...needless to say the progress on the 49 Hudson Rod came to a screeching halt!

But back to the question...my next car build is probably going to be a custom convertible Hudson for a customer and some time next year (hopefully way after the current project is done...) - I want to pick up another Stepdown Hudson to do a radical custom job on!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:07 AM
here to learn

Last journal entry: finishing up the skirts
Last photo:

a 53 F100 i have in the back parkinglot of my dads place. if and when i finish my current project.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:11 PM

Last photo:

My next project will either be my very first car or the last car I bought?

I tore my very first acar apart in 1986-87 expecting to do a body off the frame build on the car. Got fired from my 8.5 year job cause I screwed my hand up at work. So in thanks for years of service they fired me.

Took me over 10 years to find steady work again. I wanted a job just couldn't find one that lasted longer then 6 months or paid more then $3 per hour.

When I bought my newest project I knew I didn't need another toy. But the price was killer. And the body shop that had the car bought it to me for free. They paid the towing bill.

Guy I bought the car from said it was HIS very first car he got at age 15 in 1975. FRom the looks of things he only drove it one year then it sat for almost 30 years.

Now it's out in my garage.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.