Hot Rod Forum banner

What wiring how-to book is best?

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  alittle1 
#1 ·
I'm going to wire my 34 Ford project soon.
EZ wiring kit, GM column, carbureted engine. What book would you recommend. I'm totally new to this.

#3 ·
Their web site used to say that they supplied a manual with their system. You probably should contact them if it didn't. I'm using Amercan Autowire 21. They supplied acceptable instructions but great individual circuit diagrams plus a total system schematic.

I do have this book, used to wire my long gone T-bucket, is kinda dated - and is fair: http://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Electrical-Handbook-HP-387/dp/0895862387/ref=pd_sim_b2

And this one for the '31, almost new content, which is pretty good: http://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Wi...kbench/dp/1932494871/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The only significant piece missing, and probably due to me not specifying that I was going that route, was the full MSD ignition, but I had no problem integrating the MSD wiring to to the AAW schematics as the engine fired on first attempt - and still runs today :D .

Dave W

#5 · (Edited)
automotive electrical books

If you go to the Google Books site then do a search for AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL . and search HOT ROD WIRING you will get a list of books they have available for sale . Some of them have a preview. You can read the views of some of the chapters. Some of the older books will usually have more pages you can preview. some new ones have no previews.

#6 ·
i used the ezwire 21 circuit harness in my truk. the manual is pretty good by it's self. all the color codes are set up for the gm column. this was my first rewire and it went well. anytime i go on an extended road trip i take the ezwire manual and all my notes with me. have never needed them, more for insurance...

#8 ·
The painless kit came with a book and in all fairness it's pretty good, it has the basic diagram of the system....... and detailed start and stop points of indiv wires etc....but I want to know every splice, every color change, connector etc...... I'm in the process of making my own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.