Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   What would you do if you were Wendy in this situation.....? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-would-you-do-if-you-were-wendy-situation-225428.html)

against all odds 10-26-2012 10:40 PM

What would you do if you were Wendy in this situation.....?

You may be familiar with this famous scene.

i would like to ask, "What would you do/would could you do, in this situation to get out and get to the next nearest town with civilization?

Would wire coat hangers work?

If you are not familiar with the scene/movie, Jack has lost his marbles and has negative fates intended for his family.

a) They are in a remote hotel with no-one else---they have been hired as the winter caretakers.

b) All phone lines and all other forms of communication have been cut. No-one had cell phones in 78. But even if they did, the place is so remote it's doubtful a cell work work anyways.

c) The nearest town is 30 miles away and in Colorado winter, this means you can't just walk there.

i'm curious to know what you feel could be done here to leave the situation?

Custom10 10-26-2012 10:49 PM

Why the horror? she is over reacting again, he wanted dark rum not redrum, phone ahead and clarify your intentions with the hotel.

against all odds 10-27-2012 08:00 PM

Well, since no one is interested (can't imagine why) i will put myself in her place and describe what i would do and maybe everyone could comment:

i would try to gather up several wire coat hangers---should be several in a hotel. i would then, not knowing what the firing order of the snocat's engine, wire up what i would think would be cylinder #1---the front. i would then assume that the firing order would be something like 1,3,2,4 or some variation of that which could probably be discovered through the process of elimination.

Hopefully this would work?

That is all i can think to do if i were in this exact situation.

against all odds 10-27-2012 08:39 PM

Note: if the link does not work, please click the "you tube" logo, not the arrow button.

455olds 10-27-2012 08:56 PM

I think there is a car somewhere, if so I would try using it for parts to get the cat to run. Otherwise I would try the coathangers.

against all odds 10-27-2012 11:43 PM

i'm pretty sure there were/are no other cars around. 30 miles is very probably too far to try to walk in that kind of weather.

Imagining myself in that situation (i suspect the hanger wire WONT work) i am dumbfounded.

boothboy 10-28-2012 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I personally would go back into my bedroom and remove the large suitcase labled "Little Nellie" from under the bed. Having purchased "Little Nellie" at the annual "Q" shop rummage sale, I would quickly assemble "Little Nellie" (the gyro-copter) and fly the heck out of there, blasting Jack with a couple of missiles as I flew past.
Always be prepared!
BB:thumbup:

LATECH 10-28-2012 05:25 PM

Lamp cords would be a bit better for making a plug wire than a coat hanger.

against all odds 10-28-2012 06:13 PM

Thank you for responding. Will lamp cord or other electric cords have enough insulation for this task?

against all odds 11-05-2012 06:06 PM

So anyways, as we seemingly leave this topic as well due to apparent non-interest, i would like to make one last plea, for educational purposes, as to what you would do if you were in this situation:

To clarify the situation:

1) We could leave Jack in the pantry---after all there is plenty of food in there. However, i would be concerned about his head injury. We also do not know, at this point, if he can get out. He does, and it is unclear how he does, but because of the head injury and the escaping of the pantry mean we don't have a whole lot of time and cannot simply wait it out until spring or until someone comes by to check.

2) Walking to the next nearest town is simply out of the question. Minimum 20 miles away in freezing temps.

3) Apparently no way to communicate with outside help. As Wendy you do not at this point know that Danny CAN communicate with outside help. For the purposes of this discussion, Danny's ability to communicate telepathically is irrelevant.

Apparently we are stranded in this hotel, which does have heat and plenty of food (among other things...)

i am completely baffled as to what to do to leave.

against all odds 11-10-2012 06:54 PM

So at this point, i would stay inside, Jack would (somehow??) get out of the pantry and then we would be toast.

Please, let's here some possible solutions.

against all odds 11-19-2012 07:02 PM

As a final request, i would like to hear some last-ditch efforts as to what could be done here to remedy the dilemma.

against all odds 11-20-2012 04:41 PM

i'd like to make one final plea for ideas, and then i will officially withdraw from this thread not knowing how to escape the hotel.

beertracker 11-21-2012 03:14 PM

I would chamber a round and put Jackie out of his misery then open a adult beverage. bt :evil:

geezer69 11-21-2012 03:42 PM

yeah, find a big stick ,a good ambush point and do him in .yup, it calls for that beverage too.