Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What a year rant
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What a year rant

I haven't been on here too much lately due to a lot of issues going on but thought I'd pop in to say "Hey" to everyone.

After a real bad year last year taking care of my parents and having to put them into a nursing home for rehab, they got back home, went back into the hospital, then my mom went into a nursing home to stay. Dad was defiant that he was not going back into a nursing home. I had to file for guardianship of my father to get him back into one, as there was no way he could care for himself. He was almost blind from Macular Degeneration, kept falling, and started to get mean. He was finally diagnosed with Dementia. So back in he went. He passed away in April. After he passed away we thought the year would go a little better. I went back to see a doctor about my shoulder as the prosthesis that was in did not work out and my shoulder has been dislocated for 3 years. He told me I have to live with it for the rest of my life A week later we found out my wife has breast cancer. So then started Chemo treatments. Then my mom passed away in October. My wife just finished her Chemo last week, Thank God!!! Now she has to go in for another surgery to cleanup where they removed the tumors as there is a question on the margins. After that starts 25 treatments of radiation. I spoke with another surgeon about my shoulder and they found out that they can custom make a component to work that SHOULD keep it in place. I go in for surgery next week for the sixth time and the fourth prosthesis. Then after that heals, which is usually three months, I have to go back in and have my right shoulder operated on to remove bone spurs. I've been off work for 4 months now, back and forth with doctors for different things. Now I find out I have a bladder infection which pushes my surgery out a week and I am also anemic. I have never been anemic in my life. So there goes more test which no doubt they will find something wrong.

I really don't think I could have had a worse year

Rant over