View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Well Kevin it's good to hear everything went OK... Hope it heal's up better then anyone hoped for..Hang in there....
Well it went almost a week and a half. A week ago this last Friday I was sitting in the ER waiting on the surgeon to come in. I stood up out of my chair, had the huge sling on, walked about three steps and my shoulder dislocated. They were going to d a rush surgery on it then, but I wasn't ready for it. The nurse loaded me up on painkillers. I adjusted myself in the bed a little, felt my shoulder roll and it popped back in place. So the doctor and I decided to let it go a little longer to see whether it stays in or not.

Yesterday, I had to run a couple of errands, had the sling on, turned the corner in the truck and my shoulder roll out of place again. So I have to call the doctor in the morning, let him know about it, and surgery #7 will more than likely be coming up this week.

Surgery #7 will be the very last surgery they can do. What will happen is that they will take out all of the components of the Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis, except for the stem that is cemented into the arm. Then they'll add a large titanium ball to the stem and let it ride in the socket that I now have. I won't hardly have any range of motion but the shoulder will, or shouldn't ever pop out of place again AND it SHOULD be pain free. But the Axillary Nerve has been partially severed from the previous surgeon, plus the multiple operations, plus cutting around muscle, tendons, and ligaments, not to mention that I have no Rotator Cuff left at all, will only be anyones guess whether there is much use left or not. From the elbow down it isn't bad except the pain from my shoulder now travels all of the way down to my hand. If they get the pain stopped, I will have use from my elbow down.

Oh well....chit happens!!!