Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What are you doing to make it?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 AM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ok, i'll bite, haha.

i have very few bills and i keep it that way purposely, i also live a very basic life,. i live well below my means and im fine with it and always have been. i work sleep and eat that its every single day even sundays. If i have these three things then i am doing damned good each day.
95% of my life revolves around repairing things, and chiefly vehicles. Right now business is pretty good with transmission failures and replacements for ppl in these 90's mitsubishi chryslers and also all the tauruses.
Have a 99 avenger on the lift right now we just put in a trans from a 99 sebring in it yesterday afternoon.

sure there will be many more in the near future to replace. As there always have been in the past years here. plus 90's engine replacements and so on, as usual.

Maye some year the economy will come back somewhat but the jobs i dont know about. There are just NONE anymore. It's really horrible now.
Alot of ppl here last year were making it by scrapping vehicles and steel at the shredder in peoria.
but now thats gone because prices fell out badly, back down to what they were a few years ago.,

i quit also,

when you live in a small town out in the middle of cornfeild where nothing exists you gotta do what ya gotta- get very creative. I have no idea how all these po-dunker type ppl in this town are getitng by at all, really no idea because they dont have the kind of resources i am lucky to have that i can use to surive. But then they dont sem to ever be working or busy or trying. So hmm..

Luckily back in the day i collected and scrapped stripped out tons of cars trucks and vans, and still have billions of parts aropund and stashed and have been able to sell them slowly but surely and that helps some also. a little.
i need to work on some new ventures soon, some real creative ones, this year asap. And as soon as PAM transport is hiring in IL again i will see if i can get into that.
I'd like to hear of what others are doing to get by, some creative things.

Last edited by fast68; 04-21-2009 at 12:32 PM.