Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What are you doing to make it?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 01:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

iT IS LIKE I have been preparing for this all my life. Or i should say my parents prepared me for it. Bolth my parents are in there mid to upper 80s and lived through this and taught me well.
I never really had the cool things others had as far as cars or a big house or any of that. Not sad just the way I wanted it. Not that I didnt feel I deserved what others had but I just was raised not to buy unless you had cash and make do with what you have.
I have a 600 dollar mortgage payment, guess it fits the 600sq foot house and the one truck is paid of so no big worries as of right now. The one thing I did do to go against what I was taught is I bought my dads truck from him and am still paying it off. It was my dad and what was I going to do. It is a 97 nssan 4x4 and with 40k miles and people would offer him 2 thousand for it. I gave him 6 with a smile and felt very good about doing so.
So now I guess some of the poeple that made fun of the way I lived are rethinking there lives. Not that I will make fun off them now because I still feel bad for the people I know that are loosing ther house or car or bolth.
I am just glad I listend to mom and dad.
Thank you. Your son.