what are you going to buy? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2003, 10:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

what are you going to buy?

i have noticed that about two times a week, every week i sit by myself and think about all of the stuff that i'm going to buy when i win the lottery .

i think i have it all figured out.
first i will buy up every piece of property that i possibly can off the court house steps (foreclosed property), and start selling it for a good profit.
then i will start looking for a perfect piece of land to build on. i don't need a huge house, but i do need a huge shop to put all of the cars and motor cycles in.
then in my spare time away from buying/selling property, i will be doing some serious shopping. the first place would have to be going to the Hynda cycle shop and getting 3 brand new 4 wheelers, a couple of dirt bikes, and maybe even a rocket.
then i would just have to have a custom chopper, so i would go to one of the well known bike shops and have one custom built, hell and it might even make T.V. .
oh yes and the cars,
a 1959 caddy conv. is a must. so is the 1959 vette and the Stanley steamer. after purchasing those, i will be a pretty happy guy, so i would probably start just buying random cars that needed everything and start taking some classes on how to fully restore cars.

i could go on for ever but this is getting a little long as i dream.
so my question is, do you ever dream about the day you win the lotto? and if so, what would you buy?

sorry, i know it is stupid, but everyone does it. lol

later Aaron

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2003, 11:00 PM

Last photo:

Hit the lottery

I must be old fashioned. I keep thinking that I will buy my mother the pink 1957 Thunderbird she has wanted since they were new. It is like the old joke about the man who prays every night for God to let him hit the lottery. This man pleads his case every night that he goes to church every week, volunteers for the less fortunate, and provides a good home for his family, so could God let him hit the lottery just once. After several months, one night after prayer, a booming voice tells the man, "Meet me halfway, buy a ticket!"
Old 11-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Rusty And Dusty

Last photo:

Everyone says they're going to quit their jobs and travel. I wouldn't quit my job, but I'd have the attitude from you know where.

"You want me to do what, Boss...??? For how much an hour...??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!"

Nahhhh, It's best I don't even buy a ticket.

Cheers!

DesertPanel

Somewhere in Northern Nevada
Old 11-14-2003, 12:23 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

I wouldn't quit my job right away....
I'd also try hire my boss to sit and smell my farts all day though
Hahaha!
Later....I think that I am getting MadHatters disease!
Weimer
Old 11-14-2003, 06:58 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

I would have to work a while just to rub it into the co-workers, 10 minutes later, I done with that let's do lunch.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

I rarely do the what if I won the lottery thing.
But just today I was thinking if I got a boat load of money I would purchase a CNC Waterjet and a CNC router.
Just to play and make cool stuff.
I have access to both of these machines though.
I just want my own....
Hey, since I have partial access I guess that means I already sorta won...yay......
The waterjet is 2 hours away though...yuck..

And the Madhatters disease Weimer was talking about came from the Mercury used as a stiffening agent while making hats. It affected the nervous system.
Weimer, what project do you have going on now....
A stiff felt interior?
Old 11-14-2003, 05:20 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

dreeee-eeam, dream dream dream dream, dreeeeee-eam! btw, if you win the lottery, why bother buying a fixer upper to make a piddly amount more money. i dont know what i'd buy but i do know one thing. i'd sure as hell quit this job i got.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:56 PM
il enforcer

I would buy the best lawyer I could find and get custody of my kids.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:39 PM

Last photo:

sounds good cet..

i would have a big *** house that everyone can live in.. it would be my moms.. i would also have a huge garage.. like something as big as the house.. and it will be connected to the house.. with like checkerd black and white floors for show room .. for showing off my rods.. and of course the other half of the garage is where the work on the cars would be done.. the garage would consists of all the things to build a car.. a place to paint.. a place to construct.. and a place to store.. this house would be on the biggest piece of land i can find.. and it would be a blast..and of course if i won.. id have all of u guys and gals over with a paid plane ticket..

Nos

Last edited by Nos; 11-15-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:17 PM
No Bodies does it better

Last photo:

hmmm..

Am I the only one that doesn't want a billion dollars?

But a few million wouldn't be bad....

just enough to redo my house, put my garage in..and finish my 55 and 66, 67.

Michael.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:39 AM

mo mo mo

a rv6 aerobatic kit plane with full instruments & a 454 crate for my new 65 c10 jwart
Old 11-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Psychotic

Last photo:

Well if I won the lottery here, I would have to divide it by 7 to get to US dollars, so it would not be worth as much but..... this is what I would like to do.
I have a friend in Arizona who is getting married next year, I would like to go to the wedding, its round about the same time as the cougar 2004 nationals so I would like to go to them, in order to this I would have to bring both cougars with me, my kids would never forgive me if we went on our own, so would have to bring them over as well, hell thats half the money gone already.
Then I want to tour all over USA, not to Disney and that stuff, but to all the folks I have met over the last two years, I have some really good friends on the internet, folks who have sent me parts etc, and I would really like to meet them all. BUT, before I can do that I would have to go spend a month or two at a fat farm, .
Then I want to buy a house here, a massive one, where all the kids can have their own apartments, that way I will see them when I want to, and yet be able to avoid them when I want to as well.
Then I want a way big garage, actually I want about 3, one for running cars, one for bodywork due cars and one for enginework due cars.
Yep, that should do it.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.