Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   What's the best Hand Cleaner and/or Soap (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/whats-best-hand-cleaner-soap-218121.html)

hoops 04-13-2012 04:03 PM

What's the best Hand Cleaner and/or Soap

I know there's a lot of opinions about which is the best hand cleaner and/or soap that removes oil and grease from the hands, but I'm sure some will stand out more than others.

I know gloves are good for keeping your hands clean, but I can't stand wearing them.

What's your opinion on which hand cleaner/soap for cleaning your hands when you're done working on your car?

Thanks in advance?

eloc431962 04-13-2012 04:11 PM

Do a search on the site we have had a large discussion on the subject before. :thumbup:

Cole
:pimp:

hoops 04-13-2012 04:39 PM

Thanks

I meant to do a search before I posted and forgot to do it.

You're right, there's a ton of threads dealing with hand cleaners. I read one that recommended Hand Kind and I think I will try it.

Thanks again.

poncho62 04-13-2012 04:41 PM

Let us know if you can get some, I had a sample and it was quite good.

hoops 04-13-2012 05:03 PM

Poncho

I just bought some. Here's the site (http://www.kindchemical.com/). It's pricey, but if it's good it's worth it. I bought two bottles because you save a lot on the second bottle. I'll give the second one to my son because the 24 oz bottle will last me for years.

Also, do a search on the board and you'll see Hand Kind hand cleaner quite a bit.

Old Fool 04-13-2012 07:47 PM

One thing I found over the years is many do a great job of cleaning my hands, but some of them were bad about drying out my skin.

Best advice I was given by a skin Dr about the dermatitis I would get, use a good lotion before beginning work and again after washing up at the end of the day.
Never had another case of dermatitis or cracked callouses.

Northstar T 04-13-2012 10:01 PM

dawn dishwashing detergent. it worked for me for 31 years in the repair business. it's cheep and doesn't dry your hands out. I also use gloves in a bottle, for some chemical protection, when I'm getting elbow deep in it. my wife works at a local hospital and brought me some several years ago. been using it ever since. great stuff and also available online.

Russ

S10 Racer 04-14-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoops
I know there's a lot of opinions about which is the best hand cleaner and/or soap that removes oil and grease from the hands, but I'm sure some will stand out more than others.

I know gloves are good for keeping your hands clean, but I can't stand wearing them.

What's your opinion on which hand cleaner/soap for cleaning your hands when you're done working on your car?

Thanks in advance?

Transmission Fluid. :thumbup:

jonahb 04-14-2012 06:44 AM

Joe's Hand Cleaner is my personal favorite

eloc431962 04-14-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonahb
Joe's Hand Cleaner is my personal favorite

Never heard of Joe's hand cleaner. post a pic of it for us. :thumbup:

Cole
:pimp:

jonahb 04-14-2012 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the hand cleaner I use.

hoops 04-14-2012 12:27 PM

Old Fool, the idea about the hand lotion sounds good. I think I'll try it cause I always have cracked skin on my thumb mainly, but on other fingers as well.

Thanks.

Valkyrie5.7 04-14-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northstar T
dawn dishwashing detergent. it worked for me for 31 years in the repair business. it's cheep and doesn't dry your hands out. I also use gloves in a bottle, for some chemical protection, when I'm getting elbow deep in it. my wife works at a local hospital and brought me some several years ago. been using it ever since. great stuff and also available online.

Russ

I've always used dishwashing detergent as well. Seems to work better for me than all the orange-bottled products.

T-bucket23 04-14-2012 02:00 PM

Once you get used to gloves you will never look back.

vpd66 04-14-2012 08:08 PM

Try Murphy oil soap. Its made for cleaning wood. I found out about this a couple months ago when I got some Gorilla glue on my hands. It was the only thing I found that removed the glue. I've been using it since and it works great on grease and dirt and doesn't dry your hands out.