Whats the dumbest...... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 10:49 PM
H...E...M...I...

Last journal entry: Plans...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Question Whats the dumbest......

thing you have done lately?

OK, I'll start.....

Was at work today, and at lunchtime I wandered over to the car, opened the back door & got in, sat there & ate lunch, read a little & called my wife.

After lunch, I got out....or rather didn't.......

CHILD LOCKS ON THE BACK DOORS.........

20 mins later, I managed to escape.....

Next................

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2004, 05:54 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Dang, got to hate these cars sometimes.
Japanese cars have the steering wheel on the right side,
kind of hard to drive when I jump into the pax left side.
Even after two years, If i am a little tired after a long day, oh well what the heck.
Dutch
Old 03-03-2004, 06:17 AM

Last photo:

Sittin down next to my truck, welding a patch panel to the door. Smelled something burning. Lifted my helmet and discovered my crotch was on fire. Extreme panic sets in. Dump very hot cup of coffee on crotch to extinguish flames. Wife laughs hysterically.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:30 AM

Last journal entry: 2 years later
Last photo:

was priming a few pieces the other day, the room filled up with fumes,oh yeah, when you turn on the fan, open the insulated door over said fan.lol mike
Old 03-03-2004, 07:13 AM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

you're killing me Knuckles
the dumbest thing I can think of, was.......... I was under a car putting a set of coils in & grabbed a crow bar (wrecking bar) to pry it out when it slipped off & slapped me in the side head . Man did I see stars after I sat back up after hitting the floor. Best part was, I didnt bend the crow bar.....joe

Last edited by TooMany2count; 03-03-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:28 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

If I didn't do dumb things, I wouldn't be doing anything at all !

When erecting my 30x40 polebarn last year, I should have put down the gravel inside the building 1st, then built the building. It would have been alot easier to build the building and everything else.
I should have listened to my wife and buddies who told me that I would enlarge it. (Too small) And they said I would heat it. An emphatic "NO WAY" was my answer. We were installing the insulated ceiling last night... Tonight is moving the electrical and adding/upgrading for more lights..... The insulated walls are going in next week... The heater should be here in 2-3 weeks....

When I added 20' on to my 36x26 garage 4 years ago, my wife and buddies said I should add more. "Nahhhhh!!! I'll never need more than a 56x26 garage...." Remember that previous paragraphs?

I bought a J/D 790 Compact tractor last year. Figured that it would be the nuts for snow removal. Bucket on the front/blower on the rear. Sold my 4 wheeler w/ 4' wide snowblower on the front. After trying to blow 4" of snow, the tractor KILLED my neck from turning around all the time (to blow backwards). Too 4 times as long, even though the blower was a foot wider. Bought a new wheeler and blower combo. SWEET ! Back to 20 min. to do 4500 s.f. driveway. Tractor came in handy when we got 66" snow in 36 hours time though (See gallery pics).

I was raking some topsoil years ago. Threw the rake down, not paying attention. Came back later with a shrub in my hands , stepped on the rake. Betcha can't guess what happened?
Amazing how fast that rake handle can accelrate to your chin !

6 YEARS AGO ! Told my daughter (now 14) that I would buy her a new Viper if she got a full ride scholarship for college. (She was 8 when I told her) The little brat has a 98 average. Been in the top 3/450 for last few years. Ain't looking good for me! Well, maybe, considering the tuition costs...
Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

The other day I got home and wanted to check if the Caprice's tranny lines had jumped out of the clip on the oil pan again. I didn't jack it the car, I tried to slide under just behind the pass. side front tire. Right by that red hot cat. I was doing ok them I bumped my forehead on the hot cat and as reaction pulled my head backwards slamming the asphalt. Ouch

Mike
Old 03-03-2004, 10:05 AM

Last photo:

Taking out my transmission, I needed to turn the crank a little to get to my other 2 converter bolts on the flexplate. I was getting discouraged at how hard it was to dodge the fan blades while I was turning the breaker bar on the crank bolt. So I figured it would be a little easier to just 'bump' the starter like the book said to get the crank to turn a little.

Book was right, it worked like a charm. Just be sure you remove your breaker bar from your crank bolt first, or you'll find yourself in the flex-fan aisle of Auto-Zone the same day.

MoocH
Old 03-03-2004, 11:09 AM
speed secret: drive fast!!!!!!

my stupidist had to be today when were trying to get this POS ltd out of auto shop and the we have no key and the damn steering lock is on so i hammered a screwdriver into the igniton and cracked the switch. so we put a hydraulic jack under the rear and tried to steer it but the POS hydraulic jack lost a whell(harbor freight) so we just said screw it and pushed out the damn door
Old 03-03-2004, 11:18 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

YOU guys aint got sh1t on me!

welding under an mg: lit the carpet on fire;
closed the hood of my pontiac, didnt close at first, forced it down over my breather cap and pushed up the hood on my pontiac<-; let my wife use my credit card
; used an old cloth/nylon bungee strap to hold my hood down on it's maiden voyage instead of a rubber one: hood flew up and smashed on the top of the cab:$700 after: letting my friend sandblast and warp it to hell; not getting my wifes house appraised before i cleaned it and fixed it and found out it wasnt worth the powder it would take to blow it up; refinancing my house so that all my bills were paid at 100% of appraised price instead of going bankrupt ; not knowing that weld wheels needed special lug washers and all but about 3 nuts fell off my truck going 60 mph; letting a leaf drop into my gas filler tube when i lifted up a mat; pianting my truck with 3 coats of primer instead of just primer and paint; buying that aforementioned mg; not trading my harley for that 64 gto (buying the mg with the cash instead); not checking the oil in my trucks first v-8 when it was leaking bad; buying my 40 chevy tow truck thining i'd make money on it; selling my 70 chevelle for $3K; joining the navy at 33;(wait this should all be car related, there aint enough room for all of my other bob boo's) rolling my mg; buying a car without driving it cause it was a friend: blew steam out the exhaust; jamming my datsun into gear and breaking the tranny instead of adjusting the linkage; parking my new truck by a steel exit door and getting it's side caved in the first week i had it by some c-sucking store employee; taking my truck to meinekie mufflers for it's first exhaust system; taking said truck to get painted by a guy who planned to skip town the next week: he didnt use any primer and the paint blew off in sheets the first time i went to a car wash-$1200 back in 1990! ; letting a "reputable" repair shop tell me my engine had broken rings when it actually only needed valve seals(i took the engine apart, no broken rings, shot a steel ball threw his 8x8' picture window); buying a custom autosound stereo (POS!) ; backing up a t-bird with the door open and not noticing the curb sneaking up and bending the hinges; holding my fist in front of my face and looking thru the little hole in the middle at night and driving into a ditch; pulling up on the front window clip to get the moulding off with that tool and cracking my camaro's windshield last year; leaning on my tempest with keys dangling off my belt loop scratching the paint; letting my friend in h.s. tell me when to stop backing up and him yelling stop after the crunch; not seeing the light pole in front of me because the sun was in my eyes and putting my bronco in drive smashinig the front end; hitting said broncos fender with my ratchet after skinning my knuckles; driving said broco with the tailgate down with my bike on it over a dirt road: the window shattered; buying a car at night; running from the cops: got caught; passing a chain of cars when the front one takes a left turn, and it's towing a trailer!; buying a used dragster rear end w/o pulling the axles; giving away my mg with a new motor and m-22 because i just decided i had to get away from oklahoma as fast as i could for no reason; going to OK instead of CA for school when i lived in NV and taking electrical instead of auto body; i could go on and on. i'm one DUMB MUTHA
Old 03-03-2004, 11:27 AM

Last photo:

Bull, need a beer now?

Damn.

MoocH
Old 03-03-2004, 01:11 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Bull, ole buddy, you need a good old fashioned Drinking Binge. Sounds like 3 days ought to do it.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:17 PM
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool

Last photo:

Dang! you got it bad bull.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:46 PM

Last photo:

One time, Jennifer asked me if she looked fat in a dress. I answered.

Hey, I said ONE TIME didn't I.

MoocH
Old 03-03-2004, 02:41 PM

Last photo:

Dam Bull!! After reading that, I think I'll go get soused and drown in your sorrow! To heck with mine! Ever heard that song, "I'm a man of constant sorrow..."?

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.