Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   What's the dumbest thing you've seen on a car? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/whats-dumbest-thing-youve-seen-car-15271.html)

Gearhead forever 01-21-2003 04:31 PM

What's the dumbest thing you've seen on a car?

How many people have seen something totally retarded on a car. My favorates; A chevette with a home made snowplow, A chevette with a screendoor scroll grille with the initials of the owner, and a pacer 4x4. (sorry to offend some ,but I can't understand cars turned into 4x4's) I've even seen a `71 satellite with a homemade wooden superbird wing and chin spoilers. How `bout you guys/gals?

kitkar 01-21-2003 04:51 PM

Next time you watch "Fast and the Furious" check out that phony blower on Vin Deisel's Mopar. Nice car but for a race movie they shoulda found the real thing. Hollywood needs their a$$es kicked for wasting all the vintage sheet metal.

stonedchihuahua 01-21-2003 04:54 PM

Uhh i think the charger was fiberglass

HotRodMan 01-21-2003 05:34 PM

I saw a car one time that had downspouts (guttering) used as exhaust pipes.

stonedchihuahua 01-21-2003 06:16 PM

umm go to www.antirice.com you will see all kinds of crap.. like 4 motorbike mufflers on an import!

Halloweenking 01-21-2003 06:53 PM

A 120lb bikini clad blonde laying on a freshly painted sheetmetal hood that took me 3 hours just to get it smooth enough to paint it.

I don't care if I don't own it, if your stupid enough to jump on a peice of metal as thick as your fake nails no matter how cute and light you think you are, you deserve to take a short flight.
I was having a bad day, I ran out of milk bones and no one cared

HK

jc55 01-21-2003 07:53 PM

I couldn't agree more with you HK. I'd rather get them inside :D

willys36@aol.com 01-21-2003 08:05 PM

I had an uncle who used to sit on his truck fender . . . .

drgnwgn289 01-21-2003 08:49 PM

Stupid Girls + Cool Cars = domestic violence....I like your new avatar HK

distantfrommost 01-21-2003 08:54 PM

stupidest thing ever? a rear spoiler ona fwd car, the spoiler is for downforce which puts more traction to the wheels, for a RWD! what the hell does it do on a fwd, if anything it takes traction because it takes weight off the front

Halloweenking 01-21-2003 09:23 PM

Thanks man, thought I needed a change. Its also going to be my logo with a few small changes :D

HK

bonuts 01-21-2003 09:33 PM

That emblem you know the one, that blue oval, no just messin' with ya, its got to be that Calvin guy pissin on stuff.

bonuts

mustang66maniac 01-21-2003 11:49 PM

The other day at pic'n'pull I saw a maroon mid 80s firebird. It was all mexified. It had a HUGE rice-like double decker white spoiler on the rear, a chrome rear window wiper that was stuck in the middle of the movement as if to show it off. Then it had some old english style letters on the back window in a crescent shape...who cares what it said i couldn't read it anyway. Gold 100 spoke rims on skinny short white wall tires that stuck out of the wheel well. And the interior? man....im trying not to shudder while im describing this. It had one of those fuzzy dash covers that looked like it could have once been a maroon teddy bear. Bright yellow pedal covers, and a bright yellow steering wheel. Mind you nothing else on the car was yellow. It was just absolutely hideous. I wanted to kick the guys a** just for driving that pile of crap around my town

38 special 01-22-2003 01:16 AM

A chevy cavalier brush painted purple with a plywood spoiler bolted to the back painted flat black. (kinda like the old plymouth superbird. spoilers) Then last summer the cut the top off and drove it that way all season. Don't see it anymore now that it 5 degrees out. Maybe they duct taped the top back on for the winter? KIDS!

project69ss 01-22-2003 03:00 AM

A 1994 cavalier 4 door with a homeade "spoiler."
made out of diamond plate aluminum and the ends are made out of diamond plate aluminum mud flaps! But the king tard move was he did was to put the "pipes"(THREADED STEEL PLUMBING STYLE)through the trunk lid and through the trunk floor bolting them under the car!!