What's the entry fee of your local car shows ? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Don't get me wrong guys, I was part of the first big show Gary Meaders ever put on I saw the numbers. My point is it is a BRILLIANT business plan. Gary is a multi-millionaire be damned the cost of insurance and buildings and what ever.

We decide if we are going to pay or not, just like going to that ball game. Which is why I pay at the Goodguys, if I didn't feel I was getting my moneys worth I wouldn't do it. For the weekend, going twice it's some great entertainment for $60. But as I said, it's a brilliant business plan to have the entertainers pay to play and then the spectator pays to see the entertainers.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 AM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:

Thanks for all the replys, guys. I really gave a thought to all the expenses involved.

Things are changing around here. No goody bags, no dash placqes and the entry fees have started going up.

Now, when I hear grumbings about the prices, I'll know what to say.

Thanks again.

454 RATTLER
Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I go to one or two shows and a maybe 3-4 cruise ins per season. If it costs me a few bucks, really don't care. I just enjoy taking my car for a ride, then when at the show, talking with anyone who wants to BS - though there are a few that drive me nuts - but I still try to be polite. As far as the costs of running that show - don't care. I just hope any 'profit' is used well, not just for the organizers to enjoy beer and wings
Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 AM

Last photo:

The first year of the Nationals, they gave us all big magnetic 'dash plaques'. Every year they get smaller, now its a little smaller than a business card. *shrug* And yet our local baseball team charges $8 a ticket and cant seem to get attendance. LOL Syracuse is a funny place
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
I go to one or two shows and a maybe 3-4 cruise ins per season. If it costs me a few bucks, really don't care. I just enjoy taking my car for a ride, then when at the show, talking with anyone who wants to BS - though there are a few that drive me nuts - but I still try to be polite. As far as the costs of running that show - don't care. I just hope any 'profit' is used well, not just for the organizers to enjoy beer and wings
I am doing the same thing. I go to a few of the shows that the local church's put on, have a good time and the profits are used for the kids in the area. Win-win in my book.
NEW INTERIORS (06-19-2013)
Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
The first year of the Nationals, they gave us all big magnetic 'dash plaques'. Every year they get smaller, now its a little smaller than a business card. *shrug* And yet our local baseball team charges $8 a ticket and cant seem to get attendance. LOL Syracuse is a funny place
Ah yes - Syracuse!!! Another of the Upstate New York formerly industrial cities that are either dying or just waiting on someone to turn the lights out forever. Let me just name a few - Troy, Schenectady, Amsterdam, Rochester, Rome, Utica, Buffalo. The city's keystone industry goes under or moves somewhere that has (much) lower taxes or a cheap labor force. Schenectady while growing up was a vital city with the headquarters of both GE and American Locomotive located there. I went to work for GE when there were 35-40,000+ employees - now maybe 3-4000 full time, non contract. Troy, clothing, Amsterdam, carpets and fabrics, Rome - air force, Rochester - Xerox and Kodak, and so on.

Dang, now I'm upset!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
The first year of the Nationals, they gave us all big magnetic 'dash plaques'. Every year they get smaller, now its a little smaller than a business card. *shrug*

Believe me, It isn't just Dash plaques that are getting smaller,,, Look at fast food today,, Do they think we don't know the hamburger are getting smaller too??? along with everything else..
Old 06-20-2013, 02:18 AM

Last photo:

Well one of the only car shos I will pay to go to is BTT50's, $35.00 if you pay in advance $65.00 cash at the door. This year will be our 40th, with over 11,000 pre-paid. We should have over 12,000 cars, and well over 100,000 through the gates. This is a no trophy car show, just big event, over 350 vendors, a car auction, a big swap meet,kids games, a kids tractor pull,with the winners of each class gong on to state. We have a model car show, MSRA has a club within our club for young sreet rodders up to 27 years old, we have the highway patrol which has a display with a Model"A" plus a old motorcycle and a new car Sat. at noon we have a flyover by some WWII planes. The great race is going to start from the show this year, and we have a ladies showcase for the gals. And of course food, lots of food, and give a ways all weekend.

I think a person gets their moneys worth plus 12,000 64 and older cars to look at.

Bob
Old 07-08-2013, 08:20 PM

Goodguys should be ashamed!

Well This just pisses me off! Most of the small car shows in the NW is a fee of $10 or $15 dollars. No problem. But the "Goodguys", are no goodguys. Last July (2012) my friend and I both drove our hotrods halfway across the state to Pullayup, WA for the Northwest nats. To our Surprise the entry fee was $90.00 dollars. Yes that is $90,00 U.S. currency. We were only there for three hours, we were so pissed, we left. Screw them! Yea, we paid it but vowed never, ever to attend another Goodguys event. To my surprise they just called this morning and left a message about the 2013 event. Real Hotrodders do not need these *** bandits to support our hobby. We stayed only three hours, never even got a T-shirt. GOODGUYS should be ashamed! Rip off artists. I will never ever have anything to do with them the rest of my life. They have lost their ethics for money.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Blown 502

Last photo:

$5.00 at Bald Hill which is HUGE (sometimes to big and to many). It's every Monday from Summer - Fall and the outcome is insane. I was there a couple of hours tonight and got the hell out because it got to crowed. There's food, beverages, a radio stations with live dj's, a music dj, ice cream, wine, zeppli's, you name it....
Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studebaker View Post
Well This just pisses me off! Most of the small car shows in the NW is a fee of $10 or $15 dollars. No problem. But the "Goodguys", are no goodguys. Last July (2012) my friend and I both drove our hotrods halfway across the state to Pullayup, WA for the Northwest nats. To our Surprise the entry fee was $90.00 dollars. Yes that is $90,00 U.S. currency. We were only there for three hours, we were so pissed, we left. Screw them! Yea, we paid it but vowed never, ever to attend another Goodguys event. To my surprise they just called this morning and left a message about the 2013 event. Real Hotrodders do not need these *** bandits to support our hobby. We stayed only three hours, never even got a T-shirt. GOODGUYS should be ashamed! Rip off artists. I will never ever have anything to do with them the rest of my life. They have lost their ethics for money.
NSRA was just in town last weekend. The bill for going to NSRA is almost as bad at $70. Both make membership a part of entry to the show, and "give" you their magazine for a year. Really not worth it to me to join or go to either event.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

the cars we do go to all these car shows but me personally, I like the small local car shows where you're eating some dogs and chicken wings for free when you enter your car. My favorite car show of them are The Poor Boy's ones featuring drivers, customs, showcars, but mainly rat rods and beer. The last one was on a big ranch minutes from my house. Soooo fun.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
NSRA was just in town last weekend. The bill for going to NSRA is almost as bad at $70. Both make membership a part of entry to the show, and "give" you their magazine for a year. Really not worth it to me to join or go to either event.
Sorry, but that is just plain an incorrect statement as is the above Goodguys post. Yes, they do make you join. For NSRA the show is $30, $40 at the gate - and for an enjoyable weekend, at least many times for me and again once in September at Burlinton, VT.

NSRA
"ENTRY FEE FOR CURRENT NSRA MEMBERS
$40.00 At event
-10.00 Discount
$30.00 Enclosed (My entry was just sent yesterday for Vermont)
ENTRY FEE FOR NON-NSRA MEMBERS
and current members wishing to renew their membership.
$70.00 At event
-10.00 Discount
$60.00 Enclosed
Includes a one year StreetScene/NSRA subscription/membership" (a decent glossy magazine)

GOODGUYS
"To display your vehicle in our Show & Shine, you need to be a Goodguys Member. If you’re currently a Goodguys Member, you can display your vehicle all three days of the show for just $55 or save $10 off the registration cost and pay only $45 if you pre-register before pre-registration closes for this event on 7/12/13.

Not a Goodguys member? No problem! You can sign-up to become a member for as little as $20 (Silver Membership) or $35 (Gold Membership). Your Goodguys membership not only gets you 12 monthly digital or hard-copy issues of the Goodguys Gazette Magazine, it also gets you loads of exclusive Goodguys Members-Only benefits and perks including discounts on car registrations and merchandise, access to the Goodguys “Good Deals” Member Discount Program, a personalized ID card and more! CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER or call (925) 838-9876."

This required cost to join is a cost of your doing business with that organization and part of what keeps them in operation. Your attendance - it's optional. Yes, they would like you to attend with your car, but it is their show and their rules for attendance and if it costs a few more bucks, that's their prerogative, and that's been the rules of that game since either went into the business of running car shows. If you show up at the gate without doing your entry fees homework, shame on you!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:08 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
Sorry, but that is just plain an incorrect statement as is the above Goodguys post. Yes, they do make you join. For NSRA the show is $30, $40 at the gate - and for an enjoyable weekend, at least many times for me and again once in September at Burlinton, VT.

NSRA
"ENTRY FEE FOR CURRENT NSRA MEMBERS
$40.00 At event
-10.00 Discount
$30.00 Enclosed (My entry was just sent yesterday for Vermont)
ENTRY FEE FOR NON-NSRA MEMBERS
and current members wishing to renew their membership.
$70.00 At event
-10.00 Discount
$60.00 Enclosed
Includes a one year StreetScene/NSRA subscription/membership" (a decent glossy magazine)

GOODGUYS
"To display your vehicle in our Show & Shine, you need to be a Goodguys Member. If you’re currently a Goodguys Member, you can display your vehicle all three days of the show for just $55 or save $10 off the registration cost and pay only $45 if you pre-register before pre-registration closes for this event on 7/12/13.

Not a Goodguys member? No problem! You can sign-up to become a member for as little as $20 (Silver Membership) or $35 (Gold Membership). Your Goodguys membership not only gets you 12 monthly digital or hard-copy issues of the Goodguys Gazette Magazine, it also gets you loads of exclusive Goodguys Members-Only benefits and perks including discounts on car registrations and merchandise, access to the Goodguys “Good Deals” Member Discount Program, a personalized ID card and more! CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER or call (925) 838-9876."

This required cost to join is a cost of your doing business with that organization and part of what keeps them in operation. Your attendance - it's optional. Yes, they would like you to attend with your car, but it is their show and their rules for attendance and if it costs a few more bucks, that's their prerogative, and that's been the rules of that game since either went into the business of running car shows. If you show up at the gate without doing your entry fees homework, shame on you!!!
thanks for the FACTS instead of the b/s put into the thread..
those that complain need to look at cost around them.. and if they think they are getting ripped off, start your own big show.. and then come back when you've crapped your pants at what the hosting town/city requires and the cost JUSt for that.. those, cop details are not cheap..

ones that cry about car show fees are the same ones that park their 30-60k build rod because of pump fuel cost.. as that 500-1000 bucks of fuel a season will break them.. after dumping huge money and time on the build, sorry gas isn't 25 cents no more, it's not a buck and not 1.89
and never ever will be again.. if you have a problem with that you might want to call your retirement fund manager and pull out of them as they are the ones that run up the cude cost.. and if you are gonna complain, you should understand that cause and affect.. and whom/what is the cause..
I find it funny that a night out with your partner will run at least 50 bucks per person(dinner and a movie{not burgerslop}] a night out with buddies at a watering hole will be at least 50.oo if you buy a round(unless you are all drinking watereddown piss draft)
but a car show it's to much.. imagine the cost if they didn't have people that voluneered..
Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 AM

Car Show fee.

Thanks for the "Facts". Trouble is if you think Goodguys actually care anything about the hobby you are delusional. It's all about the money. Many hold the same sentiment, we will never attend a Goodguys event ever again. Does the "Goodguys" organization the need my $90.00, probably not. Do they care, probably not. But I do. And many more like me also care and think we are being ripped off. They better be paying attention.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.