What's the entry fee of your local car shows ? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What's the entry fee of your local car shows ?

Just wondering the entry fee for local shows around the country. The shows around Northern Wisconsin are $10-$15.

I just heard that the cost in some parts of California is about $45.

What's the cost around you ?

Thanks, guys !

454 RATTLER

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 01:05 PM

Last photo:

The highest outdoor local show around here is $20, usually with a large portion going to a charity. Other than the trophies, most give-a-ways are donated by local businesses. Some are $20 to compete and $10 to just show. One show going on today is free to enter your car, and they feed the car owners throughout the show, also for free - sponsored by a local church.

All of the cruises are free, with most giving a few attendance prizes. Most of the shows and cruises have 50/50 raffles, where you buy chances and then split the proceeds with the sponsoring club.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:01 PM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:

Sedanbob,I really enjoy the pix you post from your shows. Really nice looking cars around you.

We just went to a show this morning in the rain to meet up with some friends but, they all stayed home because of the rain and the show was in a field.

Going to another show tomorrow just to look.

I've noticed that there are many more street cars and Muscle cars than just a few years ago.

I have to say it again Sedanbob, I love your car. You did a great job on it.

454 RATTLER
Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 PM

Last photo:

454 Rattler, Thanks! I am very happy with how my car turned out especially since it was my first complete build. It's funny, the parts I am the most proud of nobody notices, or they are hidden inside or under the car. What I get the most questions and compliments about is the color.
There do seem to be more rods and muscle cars now - maybe they were all hiding in garages all these years.
I like your Model A - that must be a lot of fun with that 454! Do you have any pics of the inside?
Bob
Old 06-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Depends on the show here... Any where's from $20.00 to $50.00
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,082 Times in 965 Posts
Yep, the little ones are $20-25 while Goodguys being I had to re-register (only good for a year) cost me $65. It's a RIP OFF a crazy rip off but I enjoy it and most of all it was to get my buddy Steve in, so it's worth it. But damnnnnnn $65 so they can then charge the spectators to come in too, to see your car that you paid to bring in? What a ingenious business idea!

It would be like a San Francisco Giants player paying the team to play!

Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 11:11 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Most are around $15-$20 here, but some ask for food or clothing donations and knock $5 off the entry for them. Our largest show is a weekly show that draws 1,000-1,500+ cars each week, and only costs $5. Seems the shows with the largest turnouts are the ones that charge the lowest entry. Many small weekly shows charge $7-$8 and get better turnout than the $20 once a year shows.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:17 AM

Last photo:

local's are free of course.. larger one's like 3 or 4 day events are 40 to 50 for the event. if a local show charges anything and it don't go to charity or something, just for trophy's i don't go.. got nuff trophy's
Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

Greedyguys shows.

I quit going to the greeedyguy's shows in northern Calif. I went to a few other shows where you got a goodie bag and free lunch ticket for showing. Here in Eastern Idaho where we spend the summers there is only one show that has started charging spectators but you get a discount to the demolition derby later in the afternoom. In Northern Utah Most are free. The Biggest one is the UVU-thanksgiving point show that the College auto department runs for their auto-scholarship fund, the swap meet is free but inside the show is $ 5. My son is a Boyscout leader and he took the kids out to Bonneville. Scouts in uniform and leaders are free when the USFRA Runs their program on the salt.
Ps Tex Smith drove his roadster down the Idaho Falls show yesterday but by Noon needed a ride back home . I always enjoyed his stories, books, etc. Hang on Tex.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yep, the little ones are $20-25 while Goodguys being I had to re-register (only good for a year) cost me $65. It's a RIP OFF a crazy rip off but I enjoy it and most of all it was to get my buddy Steve in, so it's worth it. But damnnnnnn $65 so they can then charge the spectators to come in too, to see your car that you paid to bring in? What a ingenious business idea!

It would be like a San Francisco Giants player paying the team to play!

Brian
I pay for a car, license and insurance. I pay high gas prices to drive the car to the show. If the show promoters want me to pay to show it they can kiss me where it smells funny. I work hard for my money and spending it for somebody else's profit and enjoyment just doesn't trip my trigger. If I take my car to a show it's just for my enjoyment. The county fair started a show a couple of years ago, if you bring your car to the fair the day of the show fair admission is free, I go to that one. A nursing home in the next town had a show, they gave you food and a bunch of items from sponsors for showing up, I went to that one and it was fun. I've never been to one that I had to pay to get my car in.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:32 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

5.oo most times, or a "donation" to the club, or the charity they are supporting..
many it's zero.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:41 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2 View Post
I pay for a car, license and insurance. I pay high gas prices to drive the car to the show. If the show promoters want me to pay to show it they can kiss me where it smells funny..
most around here charge to show, if they are judging the cars and handing out best of show, best engineered,etc.
that covers the cost of the trophy's as most times that shows (at least here) are put on by car clubs, that don't have the cash to do it all for free,
the trophy's are not free, the police detail isn't free, nor is the emt's on sight, the permit, and all the other cost involved in putting on a show,
those that never been on the other side of the "putting on the show"
have no clue on the amount of hours put into a one day show, and the car club members do it on their time, for free, but to expect them to foot the bill for all the cost a city/town requires (permit/police/emt's) is comical.
Even the big by huge shows, have these cost. if you think GOODGUYS (TM) should just eat all the cost involved, you're nuts.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
most around here charge to show, if they are judging the cars and handing out best of show, best engineered,etc.
that covers the cost of the trophy's as most times that shows (at least here) are put on by car clubs, that don't have the cash to do it all for free,
the trophy's are not free, the police detail isn't free, nor is the emt's on sight, the permit, and all the other cost involved in putting on a show,
those that never been on the other side of the "putting on the show"
have no clue on the amount of hours put into a one day show, and the car club members do it on their time, for free, but to expect them to foot the bill for all the cost a city/town requires (permit/police/emt's) is comical.
Even the big by huge shows, have these cost. if you think GOODGUYS (TM) should just eat all the cost involved, you're nuts.
I know there are costs involved but just as in the case of the county fair show they get the money from the fair admissions. If they start charging for the cars then I imagine they won't be getting too many entries. GOODGUYS is big business, of course it does cost quite a bit to put on a show at these big venues which are also big businesses. They are charging a pretty good chunk of money to get your car in plus they are charging for spectators, looks like a pretty good deal for them. I'm betting they could still come out smelling like a rose just on the spectators. There are plenty of small events that I enjoy I figure the big money guys don't need old small potatoes me anyway. I have had some of these small events contact me about bringing my cars to their events and that makes me happy. I really don't care if GOODGUYS makes money or not. I do care about what makes me happy
Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 PM
62 Vette L-98 TPI & ZF 6 speed

Last photo:

It's not that anyone thinks the shows don't cost a lot to put on, it's a matter of who should pay for that cost. If I spend 30K+ and a couple years of my life to build a car, why should I pay spectators to come see it for free? that's just nuts!
I go to one show a year. that show is free to enter and you receive food and sponsor trinkets + trophys if you're into that, but spectators pay six or seven dollars to see the cars and the sponsoring club donates a substancial amount to charity each year from the income. a win/win

Russ
Old 06-16-2013, 01:33 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar T View Post
It's not that anyone thinks the shows don't cost a lot to put on, it's a matter of who should pay for that cost. If I spend 30K+ and a couple years of my life to build a car, why should I pay spectators to come see it for free? that's just nuts!
I go to one show a year. that show is free to enter and you receive food and sponsor trinkets + trophys if you're into that, but spectators pay six or seven dollars to see the cars and the sponsoring club donates a substancial amount to charity each year from the income. a win/win

Russ
then stay at home and keep your car in the garage, YOU pay
a fee to show. for the cost of the land used. and the insurance coverage and other fee's like clean up after the cars leave.. over and above the trophys and other stuff.
YOU take your car to a show, it show off. other wise you'd not take it to a show you'd be driving it around and not parked on a show field.
you are not a big name builder that would be a "draw" that might get a spot on the show field for zip.
your FEE that you think because you spent 30k and your free time on, should be waved, pays for that insurance coverage if a tree happens to fall on someones pride and joy, or anyother crap that could happen.
some of you people really should become part of a club that puts on shows. as you think you should be "showcased" for free..
if you think the 5-7 door fee for those that come to look at the cars covers the insurance rider . you need to step back.
the bigger the show the bigger the rider, if they are drawing 3000 hotrods that can avg. value of 50k each..
you need to remember the car shows are for us, the car guys/gals not those that come to look at the cars.. that's just gravy..
some need to remember this.. as they forgot it.

nevermind the billboard in front of 3/4 of the cars listing whom did what. that's nothing more than an "ad" . and 1/4 of the cars on the field bring in more work to those shops. and the OWNER that was showing the car.
Sure the club putting on the show should let you show your car for free so you can get more work, or your buddies shop can..
car shows. bring in more business to shops than anything else, other than word of mouth. and every company that has these huge shows knows this..
the small time car clubs can't afford to not charge something. don't want to pay the fee, drive car to show and park outside it. and hope it's still there when you return. good luck

Last edited by gearheadslife; 06-16-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.