What's everyone doing in the Garage? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 07:44 AM
wildfire78

Wiki Edits: 0

Getting set to pull the bench seat in the 78 D100 and install buckets. Once they are in, I have a floor shift to install and will then build a custom console around the shifter.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM

Last photo:

Ole 53

I spent the afternoon building front motor mounts for the ole 53. It's a 55 engine, so instead of drilling out the holes for the original mounts. I built supports for the 55 mounts, with 5/8x095 wall tubing, and plates welded to the frame. The ole 6 is all mounted now. I had to pull the engine out of my 48 and use the bellhousing and some other parts for the 53. I'm also using a 16 gallon fuel cell. It's 24x18x14 just fits between the frame rails behind the 3rd member and the rear cross brace on the frame where the spare tire mount used to be. I never liked the idea of a gas tank right under my a## if ya know what I mean. I'm gonna put all new brakes, brake lines, fuel line, wheel cyls, master cyl next.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
just a gearhead in paradise..

Last journal entry: last ones for now.
Last photo:

hopefully this weekend it dries out a little.... i want to finish painting my engine bay... then the engine can go back in. if not it will be working on the bar stool and lights on the workbench...
Old 03-10-2006, 11:28 AM

Hopefully laying some paint on my Z28. I am putting a cowl hood on. BranZ
Old 03-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Never Finished

Last photo:

I just put the new engine I built in the '69 stepside and finished the front brakes and suspension. Next is fuel systen, exhaust and power steering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Drop MVC-014S.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	10743  
Old 03-13-2006, 10:34 AM

Last photo:

I've been working on a 48 GMCfor the past 2 yrs. I make too many body mods that take forever to finish....http://71.65.63.136/web/photos/default.aspx

top chopped
cab & doors extended
modern narrowed bed w/Caddy fins
GM G-body front clip
Ford 9"
350/700r4.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
just a gearhead in paradise..

Last journal entry: last ones for now.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Meyer
I've been working on a 48 GMCfor the past 2 yrs. I make too many body mods that take forever to finish....http://71.65.63.136/web/photos/default.aspx

top chopped
cab & doors extended
modern narrowed bed w/Caddy fins
GM G-body front clip
Ford 9"
350/700r4.
very nice don... i like the caddy fins and the bed filler...
Old 03-13-2006, 03:26 PM

Last photo:

Don's 48

Don, nice ride, I'd like to know more about your custom dash in the 48.
thanks, resto1944- ya can see some pics of my junk here.
http://community.webshots.com/user/niteowl01244
Old 03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Finishing up the headlight/tail light wiring then on to the body work to repair a bad rear quarter installation. Engine and dash is wired, got it started and tuned. Had some issues mounting the alternator low on the passenger side, modified a Zoops bracket. Still need to install the new glass and maybe try to shoot some color on this summer if I can stop driving it long enough.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:36 PM

Last photo:

I'm still working on my 52 Ford F-1 pick up. Got the 327 Chevy mounted in the S-10 frame. I moved the trans mount back 2" and got rid of the two piece driveshaft along with the center carrier. Instead I used a one piece driveshaft from an 88 Chevy station wagon. Everything dropped right into place. Last week I measured and mounted the cab. This week I did the brakes and redesigned the E-brake. I'm taking my time and working on it a few hours a day. Gotta spend some time this week cleaning up a mess. The cooler line popped off when I started the engine, now I've got tranny fluid everywhere. I'll also spend some time updating the website about the S-10 frame swap.

www.geocities.com/lakota_circle_dancer/swap1
Old 03-15-2006, 12:05 PM

Last wiki edit: AMC V-8s Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 14

Monday I start work getting ready to pour the concrete floor of my new 30x50 shop! Have some filling and packing to do. Had the pole barn put up over the winter (it's in SC) with one 50' side off so I can back in and pour the floor. I'm USAF and stationed in Delaware, will retire in a year and the shop will be ready to go.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Last photo:

Just got done last night with the final brake lines and installed the torque converter in the tranny and the tranny to the engine in the 48 chev p/u. About the only thing left on the drivetrain in the driveshaft and I can't seem to catch the guy at home who makes them. As soon as it warms a little the cab gets put in the shop and body work starts. Come on Spring!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:39 AM
just passin' thru

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: Willys - Body and Paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I'm getting ready to get the Hemi out of the basement and out to the shop for the finishing touches before I start it for the first time. I built a stand for the engine to sit on. Got a 1 gal. fuel cell and radiator off of e-bay that I'll use on the test stand. Still have to pick up a fuel pump, radiator hoses, and do the wiring. Then it's ready to start.

Steve
Old 03-16-2006, 09:44 AM

1937 hudson terraplane coupe

hi evertone, it is cold one day then t-shirt the next up here. my coupe is orig 48 thou on the car never been touched mech. but re-paint i believe by tracking her in the late 80,s . 212 flatty,3 spd w/this dreaded wet clutch. i got this coupe in 2004 because the owner knew nothing about how to fix the clutch. i flushed all winter of 04, there are 80 little cork inserts in there in 6 o.z. of hudsonite fluid [type f, very close i am told ?? ]. i drove last summer about 1 thou miles. not bad but, on inclines the coupe would shake , rattle and roll hard 1 st to 2 nd, people in mod cars would back off thinking it would blow, but level roads with no lites to stop me are good. i flushed again this winter [05] and will drive this summer, mayby.. i am gathering info on going in-line g.m. blue flame 6 w/auto [powerglide ?] thm350. s-10 rear end. but a unique combo is a rambler in-line w/auto, wierd coupe [orfan] with strange combo? anybody seen this heard, problems vs. easy install. i have info on g.m. change but not a.m.c. which was hudson/nash untill 1957. early 60-64 6 cyl and tooling must be close? and/or any one hop-up a 212 flathead? use 50,s hornet motor parts. that is what i am doing in my garage. i will try to get pics of coupe on soon. and 32 de soto, that coupe was the first car i dragged home, not yours of corse but a 32 3 window w/rumble found in the woods at 10 years old. my parents flipped. later about that. sorry i write too much , talk soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:18 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve392
I'm getting ready to get the Hemi out of the basement I built a stand for the engine to sit on. Got a 1 gal. fuel cell and radiator off of e-bay that I'll use on the test stand. Steve
Now that sounds like fun!

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.