What's everyone doing in the Garage? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Diehard Chevy Guy

Last journal entry: Getting rid of the old and Adding the New
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Playing with my 66 Chev truck. Frame mods for air bags and 4 link. Just stripped the cab and I'm sandblasting it shortly. Now the real fun begins with fixing it (can't wait)!! Check out me journal if you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

I am busy with spring clean-up in the garage. Hauling off junk, cleaning up tools, rearrangeing things etc. Just trying to get better organized.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:49 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

currently:

rebuilding the turbo kit on a friends ford focus, LAST summer it was hastily assembeled, and i wasnt available to help, with only a mid and acid core wire, he welded up enough stuff to get the car workable, but tuning problems left the car far from its full potential

in the last few days we have redesigned he header aadapter, as were using the ramhorn header ment to be used on the stock car, new intercooler piping, swapped intercoolers, making a new down pipe and mating it to the relocated cat converter, teh batery has also been relocated inside the engine bay to create more room for the turbo pieces

car also got euro tail lights (very nice pieces, not ricer-ish) ....projector headlights (dual projectors with led turn signals) and a bunch of wiring fixes because teh guy who did some wiring "upgrades" before was a total hack

next 2 projects:

another friends focus. he wants the recesses for the side impact mouldings removed, and also wants the licence plate recess shaved

a friends honda 4 door, shave all 4 door handles, antenna & rear plate recess , plus help him with an engien swap, finish his body work, install his body kit and paint some interior kit

i know most of you guys hate body kits, but this ones not bad, and he actualy cut the rear bumper down so it doesnt hang so low, its much more tastefull now

in a month:

full turbo kit on a ford taurus sho, its one of the earlier v6 models, and its getting a pt-67 ball bearing turbo, home buit headers. turbo is going on top of the drivers side frame rail and i have to build all the piping, mount all the other bits, make a bunch of flanges ect .... but it should make almost 500hp to the wheels when were done

and after that, i have a load of other **** too ... full summer of projects and its not even april yet
Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 AM

Last journal entry: Blasting Cabinet
Last photo:

I finally got sick and tired of my kerosene tube heater...noise and smell to say nothing about the expense. So this fall I got hold of an old wood burner furnace. I put that in and hooked up a blower and a deflecting duct. Now I can heat the 30x40 shop to 80* in a few minutes...t-shirt time even when it's zero outside.

So, finally warm, I've been welding and grinding the rear pan seams.

Yesterday I cut out the interior braces that seperated the trunk from the rest of the car. This whole framework was located right behind the old front seat with a shelf all the way from the rear of the front seat to the rear window. The trunk in a '39 Chryler was HUGE but there was no back seat in this coupe. Now I'll be able to put in at least a "jump seat" behind the buckets.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Working on my '93 Silverado getting it ready for paint, looking at the '62 Impala and getting ready sell it, getting ready to polish up the '89 Silverado to sell it, trying to figure out the best way to add on to the garage for the wife for a greenhouse, or trying to figure out how to change what I have as a portion of the garage into a greenhouse and adding on another section for me so I can get a hoist. Then there is the cleaning of the garage that is desperately needed. Then I need to redo the floor on the house garage, repaint the house garage, add a few things to the walls of the house garage, get the gas pumped waxed up and back out. Things get pretty intimidating at times
Old 03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
you lift,you lose!

Last weekend i sanded my 67 Nova fenders(4 a wagon)...took it down to bare metal...i was told that they were unmolested & rust free...thought that was "too good to be true"...goodnews;fenders ARE rustfree...bad news;they AREN'T UNmolested...but it's very minimual considering thier age...a few dents & dings that looks as if Bondoed as a quick fix w/o taking off the car...
shot it down with oshpo/jasco...
Was hopeing to finish it up this weekend,but my brother called me to tell me that he went to check our garage...(we both live away from the garage/shop that we work on our cars in)...we've had some heavy rains lately,so the bad news;...2" waterline,1" mud & soot in the garage & shop...goodnews;...i spent the last 4 weeks getting everything of importance up off the ground...
Old 03-22-2006, 09:18 PM

Last journal entry: Time to let go
Last photo:

I am building a 41 willys coupe, a 41 willy's pick up and starting the second restoration of my 67 merc cougar.The willys coupe is all fiberglass,the pick-up is a fiberglass cab and a steel bed.The cougar was my high school graduation present from my late grandmother.The first time around I just mainly fixed the surface rust (thanks to the lovely New england weather) now I am going to take my time and make it really nice.I have to,it just turned 70k the last time i took it for a ride!
Old 03-23-2006, 08:40 AM

Last photo:

ole mopars

bigbird, the ole mopar coupes are gaining a lot of interest for rodders. I especially like the style of the old business coupes.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:44 AM
you lift,you lose!

I remember about 7-8 years ago there was a 30 something Dodge truck (is there a such thing???) in the local junkyard my brother & i frequent...complete minus running gear...fenders,hood &running boards in the bed...straightbody...the most amazing part;no rust thru,just surface(a rarety here in Hawaii)...wish that was in the garage now...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:27 AM
just a gearhead in paradise..

Last journal entry: last ones for now.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86078
I remember about 7-8 years ago there was a 30 something Dodge truck (is there a such thing???) in the local junkyard my brother & i frequent...complete minus running gear...fenders,hood &running boards in the bed...straightbody...the most amazing part;no rust thru,just surface(a rarety here in Hawaii)...wish that was in the garage now...
it was a 39 dodge bro... and it had a 327 block in it, but someone grabbed it. is that still sitting in angels or did someone get it?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:30 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86078
Was hopeing to finish it up this weekend,but my brother called me to tell me that he went to check our garage...(we both live away from the garage/shop that we work on our cars in)...we've had some heavy rains lately,so the bad news;...2" waterline,1" mud & soot in the garage & shop...goodnews;...i spent the last 4 weeks getting everything of importance up off the ground...
yep looks like we are moving all the parts and stuff out and clean out that foul smelling mud... got some garage floor cleaner this morning.. so a scrubbing we go.... maybe i gotta go get some of those free sand bags and head out to the beach... but i am soo depressed... i really wanted to get the 6 back in my car.... oh well... hope the weather holds...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:47 AM
WVUhotrodder

What im workin on...

Cutting and bending metal to make the floors and trunk in my 34 Chevy 3w Stnd. Coupe. Also digging through street rod magazines to find an affordable and reliable suicide door hinge kit???
Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM

Last photo:

Dodge pick up

86078-This site might help
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/history/segment7.html
Old 03-23-2006, 05:48 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by resto1944
i stand corrected... i think it was a 38.... but then again only saw the cab doors and bed. the rest was sitting in the bed. but the more i look at it i think it was a 38.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:01 PM
you lift,you lose!

Resto1944,
Thanks...very informative... ...Kimo...

Brudder,
you're right...it looked alot like a 38...looks like we gotta make a trip to Angle's wearing shoes & long pants to go exploring...would love to find out about that thing...i don't remember the 327 block though...i know we got the truck,then the Morris...but i still think that would be a fun project...that panel van on Hakimo also...

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.