What's everyone doing in the Garage? - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 07:22 PM
just a gearhead in paradise..

Last journal entry: last ones for now.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i remember seeing the block one time when we went with the chongs. i decoded it wth my pocket casting number sheet.... but yeah we should stop and find out about the panel... how would we get it legal though....

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2006, 08:10 PM
you lift,you lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsapp
i remember seeing the block one time when we went with the chongs. i decoded it wth my pocket casting number sheet.... but yeah we should stop and find out about the panel... how would we get it legal though....

The Chongs...meaning plural???if that means Brian was with us thats more like 9-10 years ago...he graduated in 96-97...i remember it being in the front the 1st time i saw it...i remember you decodeing it...but for the life of me i can't remember seeing the block in the thing(as stange as it seems)...we might get lucky on that panel...the guy might still have the title...if not can't you put a lien on a title???probably the time we finish working it it'll clear 7 fall into place...
Old 03-23-2006, 09:00 PM

Last journal entry: A few more
Last photo:

Has been a while since I've posted on here. Been a busy couple months out on Thunder Road. After 30 years of acquiring parts and cars we finally have the garage fully operational. Put in a new 200 amp service, new lighting, new plumbing and heating. Installed new exhaust fans in all the work areas and paint room. Drywalled and wired the golly wop lounge where only B.S. is allowed and installed a porcelain receptacle and a shower. Even hot water. What the hecks with that. Installed, painted and lettered the hoist we bought in the early fall. Built a storey and a half 16 x 18 shed to store all the parts in. Built outdoor racks for the engines, trannies and rads which are covered in tin siding and roofing. Rearranged the 19 future projects nice and neat and got them covered up with new tarps . Its been a long haul and still have a little ways to go like painting and a few new windows but thats gonna wait till fall. Its time to get back workin' on the '46 aerosedan and the '50 merc and the '52 dodge. Finishing installing the badging on the '50 Monarch Saturday. i get a chance I'll post a bunch of pics in my journal. Cheers!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:43 AM

Last photo:

yay... got the weather report, and looks like i can clean the mud out of my shop this weekend... let's see if things work out though....
Old 03-24-2006, 11:29 AM
you lift,you lose!

Quote:
yay... got the weather report, and looks like i can clean the mud out of my shop this weekend... let's see if things work out though....

I hope it holds out!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86078
I hope it holds out!!!!!!!!!!
and hope the damage is only the shop floor is dirty... i really don't want to toss out any parts... but i think i saw the round press board table was sitting in the water...
Old 03-24-2006, 04:56 PM
you lift,you lose!

Quote:
and hope the damage is only the shop floor is dirty... i really don't want to toss out any parts... but i think i saw the round press board table was sitting in the water...

Good...now i can finally throw it away...
Old 03-25-2006, 09:00 PM

in the garage

i have an 80 malibu with a small block,350 trans and a 9 inch rear. i have a 78 malibu waiting on some turbo goodies for a little boost.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:30 AM

Last journal entry: frame build
Last photo:

27 T coupe built first about 1960
Went to install the rear spring so I could start fitting the hangers yesterday. Found a small crack in the perch==sooo I ground it out for welding only to find another and another. The whole top of the crossmember was fractured into a spiderweb of small cracks. I cut the top out and replaced it all with new steel. I lapped the new piece under the old so the weld wouldn't be carrying the load. All welds were ground and polished the reduce the possibility of stress risers. Then sprayed some black on it for the paint and polish guys. Took two 3/16" shims out of the shim pack so the ride height didn't change. There are a lot of problems like this on this 40 year old rod that are being addressed as they show up. When I feel that they are all taken care of, I'll blow it all apart and do the eyewash. Pics in the journal sometime today.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.